Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

3.3R 180man sng- i know this is basic

Old
3.3R 180man sng- i know this is basic - Wed Dec 14, 2011, 12:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
yes this hand is nothing special, I know this is basic but still I just want to know your insights

I'm starting back to basics because

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

PRE- i raise 3+1BB standard

Flop- didn't hit anything the limper check it to me, did I make the correct CB or I should have check here I don't have any info against the player. Early stages of the tournament

Turn- still didn't hit so I can't double barrel anymore

River- villain bets AI, what to do?

now, my next question is I should get HUD because if it is in early stages in the tournament I don't know what to do vs villain that I don't have any information about so I need to choose the safe side.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Looks very ABC.

Just fold the river unless you have a read. What is villain check/calling your flop bet with? All you can really beat are 67, 68, and 78. Fold having invested only 440 chips (5 BBs).

Old
gREAT - Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:26 PM
(#3)
CAN'T WIN THE GAME IF YOU CAN'T THIS TYPE OF FLIP

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#4)
If you c-bet dry board after raising pref like that, any player with half-a-brain will float you because you got nothing. On dy boards like that you move your c-bet to the turn.

Old
Need to play any 2 - Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:52 PM
(#5)

BUSTO

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
the AQ hand, I thought you played very well. You raised preflop and c-bet a flop, then checked for pot control on the turn. When the opp bets the river here, they have some sort of small pocket pair or hit a part of the board. Either way you're beat on the river, so you need to fold.

JJ hand: you have 20BB and will be risking either 1/2 or 3/4 of your stack, depending on whether or not the 3rd player comes along. Did you have any reads on the SB? Did they shove many times from the SB? I looked this player up on OPR and they have a ranking of 99.70% (8k profit in 18k+ games... in less than a year?!). This player is EXTREMELY GOOD.
To that type of an opponent and possilby a 3-way pot, JJ is way too much of a risk in my eyes. Yes you need to win races, but this is not the spot to get into one.

93 off: instant muck preflop. You have 5 hands before you get the BB and there HAS to be a better hand in those to shove than 9 3 off. Find a pair, ace, broadway cards, suited, straight possibility.. something! 3 9 off is NOT the one you want to shove.

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 12:03 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Hey Marvin could you limit it to one hand per thread please?

JJ looks like a DUH call here and 93o is a fold from the HJ on 6.5 BBs.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com