Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Jump in my shoes, please

View Poll Results: Would You ?
Fold 1 100.00%
Flat call 0 0%
Push all in 0 0%
Reraise 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Jump in my shoes, please - Wed Dec 14, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I was carried away by replying here and registered late for 0.10 league in last minute (30mins sxtended reg.).
To make things worse, take a look at stack size at player left of me
I was on survival mode since the begining ...
Here's one tricky spot (maybe):

What would you do in my place ?
Shove, call, or fold ?

Last edited by DoomedXXX; Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: typo (again)

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#2)
I think it's close. I can't see you being ahead of either villain very often. And I doubt the big stack is likely to fold no matter what. Looking at the dead money in the pot, there's only T300, so I think it's -EV to do anything besides fold.

Difficult spot, I think.

BTW, push all-in and reraise are the same option, here.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Stop watching hands that you've already folded. This will prevent you from creating "difficult spots" where it's about the easiest fold ever.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I was talking about instincts, and listening to inner voice ... my decisions proved to be right
Just a few hands later I decided to shove. just on my gut feeling

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Image is everything ... guy with 10k folds, I wasn't expecting that, my idea was to gamble in a three or four players pot, where 10 9 can be very dangerous hand,
Yes, I got lucky

Old
(#6)
Congrats on the clairvoyance?

Just because you won, doesn't mean it was a good play. If you've got legit magic powers though, then well played.

Old
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
what reads did you have on those two opps?
That would basically make my decision to shove or fold here.

If they were both loose, I'd be more tempted to shove (the only way I'm shoving).

If the UTG limper was a calling station, I'm folding, as they will stay for any price, guaranteeing a 3-way hand, which QJs does much worse against.

If they were playing tighter, especially the raiser to 3X, then I'm mucking and trying to find a better situation, where I can be up against only one opponent or have a better hand.

Without that additional info, either fold or shove could be right and I can't give you the correct answer without it.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
in the 9 10 suited hand, you don't even have 3BB left. Unless you're on the money bubble and someone else gets blinded out the next hand, you have to shove this.... and any hand that calls it will be ahead of you.

You're much better off against one opponent with a hand like that than against 3 or 4. Your hand equity and win % will go down dramatically, the more that are in the hand.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Guy that raised me was tight and solid, played only 3-4 hands,but, i think my inactivity here works against me, so, he maybe raised lighter then usual.
I played only one hand at BB before ...

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
Well first off I don't know why you bother with having call and re-raise as options here as a re-raise is all-in anyway and you should NEVER be flatting here...your stack is a push/fold stack. Period,no gray area.

The QJs hand I'm folding,though I would be bummed to do so. Lucky here looks like a probable AA/KK hand when he 3x bet raises instead of shipping his stack,which by all rights he should be doing in lieu of a 3x bet to commit more than 20% of his stack.

The 109s hand is plenty good enough to ship in this spot. I would be perfectly fine going even wider than this,basically if I think I have 2 live cards I'm shipping this spot 100% of the time. Really think you were actually UNLUCKY here in not getting a multi-way pot,which I would love to have in this spot with a hand like 109s.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
It was required in a poll options to have 4 responses, sure, flat call is no real option, just space filling.
I don't know if I can adjust for two or three answers ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com