Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Early and middle stage play

Old
Early and middle stage play - Thu Dec 15, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
$10M Sunday Million Freeroll (Central & Eastern Europe)

Tournament still in progress

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 03:11 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Would you make that call at hand 9 ???

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
The end !

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

People need to understand, waiting in these type of tournaments is bad ...
I'm very happy the way I played ... they didn't have a clue what's my hand here, the way I played it ---

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
For early stage, limpfest is the best, only with decent hands, everything else I fold.
I do donk calls in early stages to 3-6bets, I don't give them credit either
I did abuse that poor player, but he was really annoying with his defensive bets (he wanted to be, I guess).

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedXXX View Post
Would you make that call at hand 9 ???
well, seeing as how u raised to 4x preflop and then just check call, i figured u would be committed with that hand the whole way through. can't say as whether i woulda made the call or not, but i know i wouldn't have played AA like u did and thus i would have avoided that situation all together. guess u won the most doing what u did, though.

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
The end !

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

People need to understand, waiting in these type of tournaments is bad ...
I'm very happy the way I played ... they didn't have a clue what's my hand here, the way I played it ---
u played this hand quite horribly. u definitely needed to raise that preflop. can't really think of why u would just want to limp, especially with two limps in front u and quite a few opps to act behind u. and i also don't like ur shove on the turn. u still have another guy behind u that could have u beat. did u think all of ur hearts were live in this hand? i guess if u read that ur opp's minbets meant weakness, but even then, u should probably just raise between 3.5-5k so that u can play the river safely.

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
You're right, considering the result, but I really thougth flush would come

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#8)
Quote:
You're right, considering the result, but I really thougth flush would come
The possibility of the flush coming, based on what cards you knew, was 9/46. BUT, in hindsight we see that your flush was only 7/46, since opp had 2. In my opinion, going all-in on a flush draw was not an option - you were not getting the odds necessary for that size of bet. Was there a cheaper way of seeing the river and folding when you did not hit?

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 07:53 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I correctly put the other guy on a flush draw (diamond also), the way he played a hand ... third guy was a mystery to me, and I thought that he had me beat (my mistake).
Are you forgeting my top pair also ?
I played well, with good push, when needed and got unlucky.
I understand, if I took my standard passive way, I would be there little more.
I got in to win a hand, not to lose ... it happens.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com