Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

4 Barrell Bluff

Old
4 Barrell Bluff - Fri Dec 16, 2011, 06:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Would you call this with A9os

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 06:50 AM
(#2)
After this hand I hand them confused and got my money back.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
89s hand
preflop, honestly, I'm limping here. You've got a hand with potential and position. You can also raise, as you did, but I think I'm limping here.

On the flop, the SB donk bets into, which immediately says that you're behind, as they either have a J and good kicker, or an A with a weak kicker. No way am I raising here, I'm mucking.

On the turn, since you raised on the flop and they called, I'm checking the turn for pot control.

River, you fire a 3rd barrel bluff. Whether or not I call this depends on what table image you have... if you're loose, I'm calling it with an A in a second... if you're tight, then I'm mucking. The table image you have will be everything here.

AK hand

Preflop, no problmes, it's the same thing I'd do.

On the flop and turn... since you're in a multi-way pot, you need to bet a bit more than 50% of the pot to deny odds to draw at the flush. Make a bet in the 66-75% pot range. By doing this, you'll make the 2nd caller -EV. You want to get one of them to drop if possible and make sure that the calls are -EV for BOTH players, not just the first one.

River, gotta shove, just as you did. If they have two pair, they should have raised you before this. If they have A4, then so be it.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#4)
There might be somebody else around here i am trying to confuse.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
********Poker Stars Hold'em Stats
Elephant - He is a very loose player. He's always willing to see a flop.

Hands Tracked:18,257
Cash Game Profits:$-74
First Seen: Dec 17th, 2010
Favorite Cash Game:NL Hold'em $0.02 (Short)

No confusion here

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: removed username

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#6)
*********Poker Stars Hold'em Stats
Green Fish - This player is loose and passive. This can be an unprofitable playing style.

Hands Tracked:717

Cash Game Profits:$7

First Seen:Nov 14th, 2011

Last Seenec 16th, 2011

Favorite Cash Game:NL Hold'em $0.02 (Full)

Here Fishhhhhy Fishhhhhy !!!!!

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: removed username

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#7)
it's all good

I am hoping when I have 18k+ in hands played id be at least showing some sort of profit

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
how do you have 18000 hands on him.... seems like you are using an illegal data mining software perhaps?

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#9)
it's just a site I googled one day, I enter player names into it and it poops out the info, nothing downloaded, so i figured it was harmless

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:23 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertymcgerty View Post
it's all good

I am hoping when I have 18k+ in hands played id be at least showing some sort of profit

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post

Not really sure what is so funny about this, whatever floats your boat, Chuck..

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#12)
Don't believe what you read
Those stat sites don't track everything

From one site:
******* Poker Stars Hold'em Stats Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the tables as he is a tough opponent.

From another site:
*********** is a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). ********** aggressive play makes the table fear him. Most top poker professionals are bombs.

And I think I'm a fish..............LOL

Who to believe??????????

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: removed usernames

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
both hands, it looks like ur opps are calling with just about anything despite what u do. u just bet half the pot every time except when u minraised on hand one and shoved the river on hand two. when somebody bets the exact same percentage of the pot every time, i tend to forget trying to put them on a certain range and i just call if i have top or 2nd pair, on average. the first hand, it's an incredibly easy call of ur opp on the end. in hand 2, i don't know what he's calling with, but i figure it doesn't matter since he seems to just be a calling station. i don't think u really caused any confusion. here's what i want to know: why did u 4x raise the 89s but only 3x raise the AKo? just curious.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Don't believe what you read
Those stat sites don't track everything

From one site:
******** Poker Stars Hold'em Stats Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the tables as he is a tough opponent.

From another site:
************* is a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). sandtrap777's aggressive play makes the table fear him. Most top poker professionals are bombs.

And I think I'm a fish..............LOL

Who to believe??????????
i think your assessment is bang on hahaha

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: usernames removed

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#15)
Hey Ketchup,
I dont really know why I 4x the first and 3x the second,
normally when there is a limper i make it like 4x.
Maybe the second hand i just mis clicked.
I know I am not an elephant because I am a donkey.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#16)
I understand they will tell us whatever we want to hear or read...I was just messing around a while ago on google and stumbled across sites that will give you stats on players for free so I had a little fun entering names, no harm in that is there?

I also understand that this site i use does not track Tournaments or PSO Tourneys or play chip games, so it is kind of useless if you ask me, but it does give you somewhat of an idea of how a person plays or has played in the past.

The Green fish status the site gave me was absolutely correct, seeing how I am new to online playing and am working with a very small BR and am not willing to take to many chances when I play right now. I took a chance earlier today playing against a very reckless player on the 1/2 cent tables and got lucky. that's poker though, some you lose some you win..

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertymcgerty View Post
********* Poker Stars Hold'em Stats
Elephant - He is a very loose player. He's always willing to see a flop.

Hands Tracked:18,257
Cash Game Profits:$-74
First Seen: Dec 17th, 2010
Favorite Cash Game:NL Hold'em $0.02 (Short)

No confusion here
Using third party stats to put down fellow members in considered to be insulting a member and as such is against the rules.

Please review the rules: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ne-Forum-Rules

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: usernames removed

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Using third party stats to put down fellow members in considered to be insulting a member and as such is against the rules.

Wasn't my intention to do what you are accusing me of.

and on that note, it would have been fair to have added chucks post in your post as well, TrumpinJoe, and not just mine

Won't happen again.

Derty.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 07:07 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post

The funny thing about this post is you are REPOSTING THE SAME INFORMATION you are giving me a warning about, now are you guys above your own rules or is it just a rule that you sometimes enforce when you see fit to ?

You should have just deleted the post and sent me a warning via a pm TrumpinJoe.

Derty

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
(#20)
It was just a freindly warning derty,
We both did the wrong thing,
I think you just need to get over it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com