Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Do you ever get the feelin that........

Old
Do you ever get the feelin that........ - Fri Dec 16, 2011, 06:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
......your being hustled?

2 nights in-a-row, same tourney, same time.....same outcome!!

What makes this worse is that 4 of the players at the table were 'sitting out'.

PS PokerGod 1: "Oh look....zZ.Ma$kin.Zz is using that rubbish Burn & Fold strategy in the bingo league."

PS PokerGod 2: "Yeah, so I see.....let's have some fun & set him up again."

PS PokerGod 1: "Yes....let's.....he's short-stacked now.......MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

PS PokerGod 2: "Tee-hee!"

Should I have folded?....probably. I did take a quick look at how many players were left (just over 2300), so I thought vs possibly 1 caller, at the most 2, I'd be good here (at least to steal the blinds & fold out the limper or SB!)

Another '-' score for my ever dwindling pts total. Cheers PSO.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 09:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Fold, no way. You made the absolute correct play.. and got really unlucky.

Any play other than going here with KK is the incorrect play.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 06:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post

That is unless you have a crystal ball you're not telling us about....

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 06:41 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post

Really appreciate the feedback JWK. This strategy I'm trying to employ has me now on the fringes of doubting my play at the best of times. Since the beginning of the league, I've almost gone through a 500g jar of coffee just to stay awake...lol!

Thanks for the confidence boost (I needed it...lol)

Cheers

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
I only ran into AA once out of the 40 KK I had in PSO. Just bad luck..

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
the fact that you call it "the bingo league" is going to lead to bad results in and of itself. you can't go in with a mindset like that and expect a good result.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
That is unless you have a crystal ball you're not telling us about....
If I had said glass spherical object....I'd have folded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldraco View Post
I only ran into AA once out of the 40 KK I had in PSO. Just bad luck..
40 KK???....wow, I'm not even in doubles figures, for any pocket pair!! (Guess I haven't paid enough rake towards the site for the good stuff huh.....OMG!!! The site must be rigged!!!!......WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! )

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
the fact that you call it "the bingo league" is going to lead to bad results in and of itself. you can't go in with a mindset like that and expect a good result.
It's hard to detect sarcasm without emoticons

I expect nothing from Pokerstars.....never have....never will. Stars owes me diddly squat.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
Actually i had 82 KK ouf of 18592 total hands, that 0.44%.

Last edited by Keldraco; Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldraco View Post
Actually i had 82 KK ouf of 18592 total hands, that 0.44%.
Not even gonna post my HEM stats for frequency of KK, this forum would collapse of embarrassment!

Anyway, here's another Pokerstars classic......

....had to push.

55% equity pre-flop......49% equity on flop.......74% equity on turn.......100% expletive/s on river!

I'll be gutted if I don't get a hat-trick!

/me prays to PokerGods

The only saving grace was I finished 602nd, so '+' points.........for a change!

Last edited by zZ.Ma$kin.Zz; Wed Dec 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
ohhh dont worry about magic rivers pal, Ill see if i can find the most awesome hand I was ever dealt. Pockets 7s into a flop of 7, 7, rag. Put all in by AA, snap call, turn A river A... then a trip to the local computing store for a new laptop

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
in the first hand though you played it correctly this isn't the problem hand

the hand we need to see is the one that left you short stacked to begin with

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber93 View Post
ohhh dont worry about magic rivers pal, Ill see if i can find the most awesome hand I was ever dealt. Pockets 7s into a flop of 7, 7, rag. Put all in by AA, snap call, turn A river A... then a trip to the local computing store for a new laptop
Yeah, had something similar happen many moons ago, flopping quads only to be bitten in the arse with villain hitting runner, runner for bigger quads. Yep, shyte happens...alot unfortunately. Still have & play on the same pc though.

Golden Rules of Poker.

1. Leave emotions at the door.
2. Repeat rule 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
in the first hand though you played it correctly this isn't the problem hand

the hand we need to see is the one that left you short stacked to begin with

Guess I should've kept my hand-history for this reply. Either you're on the 'wind-up' or you don't understand the strategy I'm using in the PSO Open League.

Basically, this 'Burn & Fold' idea more or less eliminates the chances of being 'sucked out on' in the early & middle phases of the tourney as you are 'burning the clock & folding' every hand (even AA), as the chances are, if you pushed or entered a pot, you'd be up against 4 or 5 (Russians probably) other players, therefore reducing the chances that your monster will hold.

You do this until you reach the 'plus points' stage (which is normally around 1440 players left), then you can play your 'normal' game. Unfortunately, by this time, you are usually short-stacked and are straight into 'push-fold' mode. I don't play the tourney to reach the FT or win it (would help though).....it's all about the points, hopefully resulting in getting up the league ladder as high as possible (top 500) & qualifying for the Premier league next month as long as I have the required 20+ VPP's earned from this month!

You'd probably understand this method (with alot of madness), if you actually played in the league. Oh......hang on a sec.........you can't!!! Bummer!!!

p.s. I started this thread with a hint of sarcasm attached to it. Yes, I know 'sarcasm is the lowest form wit'. In this case, it's 'so low', that some members are finding it hard to detect....literally!!

(<~~maybe I should use this emoticon alot more??)

Last edited by zZ.Ma$kin.Zz; Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 09:59 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 09:53 AM
(#13)
Though i can no longer play in the league games anymore due to pinheads in my government I can assure you that previous to April 15th i did play a lot of league games and i am quite familiar with the "strategy" you're employing.

Though some have reported a steady moderate placement month after month with this strategy it isn't the best for achieving a higher placement on the leaderboard.

If you find yourself with a bankroll and start to build it I would suggest maybe trying a different approach to how you play the league.

Thank you for answering how your stack was short to begin with and wish you the best of luck for January's league.

(pick your own emoticon, there are many to chose from)

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
yup funny how the doom switch is turned off when the trainers play , theres sumthin funny goin on n i for 1 am sick 2 death of it , all u here is u made the correct play unlucky , fact is ur up against a rng ie wat the bingo sites use ,good luck out there guys all the best

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whu1895 View Post
yup funny how the doom switch is turned off when the trainers play , theres sumthin funny goin on n i for 1 am sick 2 death of it , all u here is u made the correct play unlucky , fact is ur up against a rng ie wat the bingo sites use ,good luck out there guys all the best
This is the wrong attitude to have towards these games.
Trainers have no unfair advantages over the other players and the RNG does nothing more than select random cards to be dealt.

I feel as if this needs to be pointed out every time this type of comment is made so that newer members are not mislead by them.

Good luck in whatever games you play.

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi whu,

I will reply here simply because your allegation does not stand up to scrutiny and it has been discussed many times in the forum. We all, myself included, look for reasons or someone or something to blame when hands are not going our way, that is human nature. The facts however are that the shuffle is truly random:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/rng/

The game is not rigged, and to say this out of frustration I can understand, but honestly it does not do you nor anyone else that wants to play poker any good, if they play thinking that the cards are in some way stacked against them. It simply is not so and to progress and move forward in your poker game you have to accept the facts.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:23 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Though i can no longer play in the league games anymore due to pinheads in my government(i) I can assure you that previous to April 15th i did play a lot of league games and i am quite familiar with the "strategy" you're employing.

Though some have reported a steady moderate placement month after month with this strategy it isn't the best for achieving a higher placement on the leaderboard.(ii)

If you find yourself with a bankroll and start to build it I would suggest maybe trying a different approach to how you play the league.(iii)

Thank you for answering how your stack was short to begin with and wish you the best of luck for January's league.

(pick your own emoticon, there are many to chose from)
i. All hail Barry & the boys (Is William Greer still alive?? )

ii. Currently in the top 100 (4 days to go.....it should do )

iii. Currently in the process of re-building (thankfully my foray into cash games is helping me overcome the demoralisation aspect of playing in the PSO Open league)

The NWO will succeed....'MWAHAHAHAH!!' (<~~~that one do ?)

Quote:
?.....errr....welcome to the forum poker-playing conspiracy theorist No. #92856318457283951751967382647958 (<~~~OMG?? all them numbers are completely random...wtf??)

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
This is the wrong attitude to have towards these games.
Trainers have no unfair advantages over the other players and the RNG does nothing more than select random cards to be dealt.

I feel as if this needs to be pointed out every time this type of comment is made so that newer members are not mislead by them.

Good luck in whatever games you play.

sry but when u get shoved by a limper when u raise n lose constanly it gets a bit i play my hand correctly they dont wat ave i 2 do fold evrything newer members need 2 b warned the atc mob will shove u even tho they no u have monster they dont care this is wat is destoyin my game n i refuse 2 play that way tred it didnt work ,so again gl out there folks all the best

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
sry but when u get shoved by a limper when u raise n lose constanly it gets a bit i play my hand correctly they dont wat ave i 2 do fold evrything newer members need 2 b warned the atc mob will shove u even tho they no u have monster they dont care this is wat is destoyin my game n i refuse 2 play that way tred it didnt work ,so again gl out there folks all the best
rite ok fair enough sht happens but all the time , for instance crap beat me , crap beat me again so is it my fault or wat , cause no matter wat i got sum *****r shoves gumph against me ,

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#20)
Since: Nov 2007
What games are you playing? The Open Skill league???

Cheers,

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com