Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Going for the Gusto !!!! 5 Tourneys Saturday!!

Old
Going for the Gusto !!!! 5 Tourneys Saturday!! - Fri Dec 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
Hello All,

Well, wrote the last exam today, sitting here with my beer(s) and playin the 9:00PM EST PSO Open Freeroll.. I managed to move up 25,000 spots after my last three tourneys, and now sit in the top 2500. Hopefully move into top 500 over the weekend !!

Ok, onto my final 5 tourneys for the Member of the Week promotion. I have to play this weekend as next and following weekends are Xmas Eve and NY Eve, so may not have time on those days to play.......

So if ya want to rail, this is the list :

3.30 Saturday Micro 30K
$27.00 Saturday Eliminator (knockout) 40K
$2.22 Re-buy Saturday Splash 50K
$11.00 Saturday Duel Heads Up 20K
$33.00 Saturday Speedway 50K

I want to thank PSO for the chance to play all these. I will post blogs when I can through Saturday, and will include some great hands if they happen.

See ya at the tables , good luck to everyone who is trying to qualify tomorrow for sundays biggie,my only shot is to place top 50 in Share Freeroll Sunday.....

Peace

Skiny

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 12:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wow, that's an action-packed day you've got planned there Skiny!! It didn't hit me what 5 tourneys really looked like until you listed them (was thinking in terms of Sit N Gos or something ... I don't know )

GL!

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
(#3)
ChromeStar
The 2.20 rebuy is going to be killer, not only will I start with 3000 compared to almost everyone else starting with 6000, the first 120 minutes there will be an average of at least one all in per hand, every hand. Thats going to be a rough one for sure.......... if I am doing well in the 3.30 and look to be able to cash, I might pull out of 2.20 as it starts three hours later, and save one tourney as my last hope over the next two weeks as it has an early start. First one starts in 7 hours, maybe this should be my last " schools out for XMAS celebration beer "

Well two top 150's today in PSO Open League have helped me out big time. Patience......then pounce on weakness !!

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Go! Go! Go!

Best of luck to you!

Hope you did well on the exams (past)
Hope you have a kickass time at Xmas (future)

Now focus on the present! (making every right decision)

:-)

Last edited by Freckldgator; Sat Dec 17, 2011 at 01:58 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Skiny any chance you can make your self finaable by search for these so its easier to find your table

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
I hate KK !!! - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#6)
ChromeStar
Will do Buddy !!!!

Ok, started the 3.30 this morning, not much going on, lots of raises and reraises with dudes holding 73 , q2, and other "premium hands"....... I play and fold a lot for the first hour and then run into this hand and decide, meh, I shall play it out :

Nice, I essentially double up, feel good, see Grade B is railing, say hi and then this hand shows up as the last one before the break with me in BB. I know I will get critiqued for making this call, but the two gents who did shove had previously shoved with cards like J7 and i think that the big stack got to big stack status with a 108 previously.

And so it ends. I feel like i will probably never call KK preflop ever again in my poker playing. No matter what, always an ACE on the flop, always. It seems like a strong hand at times, but its just not for me. He had two outs and hit one.

Getting frustrated that bad play by others ( ie preflop all ins with 23 get rewarded and then I bust out with KK versus two guys HOPING to hit an ACE)

Oh well, a break before the next one !!!!

Last edited by SkinyButPhat; Sat Dec 17, 2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#7)
ouch,

that bites, you got your money in so good, which at the end of the day is all you can do. (I wish my exit hands where as good as that).

Good showing in the game don't let a bad beat get you down. i am calling that shove 99.9% of the time and the other .1, i'm in the john, or otherwise distracted.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
I give up ~~~~~~ big time - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#8)
ChromeStar
Well

6 out of 8......zero cashes........zero knockouts.........zero anything.

Thank God Effsea and Grade B did well, I alone shall be the embarrasing winner of MOTW !!!!

In almost three hours of 27 eliminator, i was dealt poket pairs once. ONCE !!!!!!!!

FML

Will write juicy blogs later , but really, how exciting is watching all my losses?

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Never mind the results!

You were there representing PSO on merit! We're behind you all the way, win, lose or draw.

Keep up the good work in promoting the site, work hard at your game and your day will come!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
hang in there and make sure you learn from each tourney you're in.... if you do that, you'll be better off in the long run.

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:45 PM
(#11)
ChromeStar
2 biggies left and I am done !!!

33 Speedway and 11 HeadsUp............

This has been fun and annoying all at once. I truly just wanted to cash once, and might still.

I am writing the blogs as we speak, and hopefully if I can Double Up , I can spend the next four weeks going over my game, practicing, watching videos, and play these tourneys again with far far better reults.

Peace

Skiny

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 03:24 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Good Luck dude

and please have fun,

cheers

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#13)
your being very hard on your self, from what i have seen you played some good poker going out with KK, shows you are a good player not a bad one.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#14)
ChromeStar
No worries Effsea, I am having fun !!!

Time for my heads up, 1st round bye......woot woot

Never really played heads up cash game before, this should interesting !!! Or at the very least, a learning experience.

Now if i could just remember the 80-20 rules I was shown ???

Peace

Skiny

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#15)
ChromeStar
In yet another shocking turn of events, I got my butt kicked.

Skiny

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2010
dude you played great, nothing you could have done,

cheers

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#17)
That was a sick ending to the heads up but as Effsea said nothing you could do there.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com