Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

72o in the big blind what am i doing here?

Old
72o in the big blind what am i doing here? - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Reason for doing this: I have a good read on my opp. he always steal and will fold to 3bet.

my read is improving

reason for posting it here: I want to BRAG and to the moderator to have a good laugh because I know. All the MODERATORS but i want to call you my TEACHERS here are working their butt's off.You are the best in business and your doing a great job.I've been part of this hand analysis for only 2 weeks and I think I've improved a lot. I think by 1000% not 100%.

i know this is irrelevant in the thread but people can learn from this pay attention to your table and Your read is more important than your 2 hole card.

I placed Second in this $3.3R 180 man sng which I only played 8 times since the start of my hand analysis session.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY TEACHERS FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

You've teach me well

Thank you so much

The Langolier
JDean
IseeCookies
RockerguyAA
JWK24
Oriholic

I owe this victory to you.

CHEERS

this is my run in case you want to analyze my game too see if there's still leak i know there's a lot

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...d=1#post318623

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 01:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if you get a read like that, do whatever you need to, to take advantage of it. Just be sure your read is correct before you try something like this.

Good job

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I like the play if your read is good.

Several reasons I think this is a good play.

Your bet sizing. You are risking 4800 odd chips to win 5075 chips. If your read is good and you win this only half the time you are making money. It's big enough to look like a real 3b and cheap enough that it's not too damaging to your relative stack size at the table if it doesn't work.

Your stack sizes. You have a nice stack here at the table and are targeting one of the other bigger stacks. A brave move, but as such makes the move more likely to succeed. The other big stack is less likely to want to get involved in a large pot with another big stack with a marginal stealing hand while there are alot of smaller stacks still around.

Table image. I don't know what your image was like looking coming into the hand. But this is a strong play and a good defense of your blind. It will put a little inkling of doubt in their mind next time they have a steal position on your blind. If it earns you a walk even just one time, thats alot of free chips at this point.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar010 View Post
I like the play if your read is good.

Several reasons I think this is a good play.

Your bet sizing. You are risking 4800 odd chips to win 5075 chips. If your read is good and you win this only half the time you are making money. It's big enough to look like a real 3b and cheap enough that it's not too damaging to your relative stack size at the table if it doesn't work.

Your stack sizes. You have a nice stack here at the table and are targeting one of the other bigger stacks. A brave move, but as such makes the move more likely to succeed. The other big stack is less likely to want to get involved in a large pot with another big stack with a marginal stealing hand while there are alot of smaller stacks still around.

Table image. I don't know what your image was like looking coming into the hand. But this is a strong play and a good defense of your blind. It will put a little inkling of doubt in their mind next time they have a steal position on your blind. If it earns you a walk even just one time, thats alot of free chips at this point.

very correct. they respected my blinds in the next couple of orbits which i'm happy about.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com