Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Joker Tourney 1

Old
Joker Tourney 1 - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi
This is the first of a series of post I hope to make involving one tourney I played

The first hand here is my opening hand
50 minutes late registered of 60 available

This is a freeroll and winner gets the prize so I tend to push and shove during the beginning to either chip up or leave and find another.

This is my 1st hand and felt it was a good indicator of how this might play out

not too much to add here because of no reads and my shove eliminated the skill from this

My question would be
Would you be willing to shove the 1st hand in a freeroll or micro buy-in?

Last edited by joker41673; Sat Dec 17, 2011 at 03:50 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if it's a freeroll or micro, I'll look at them the same way (as long as the micro fits into bankroll management). I'm happy to go all in first hand, but normally I want better than 10's. I try to draw the line at QQ for the first hand.

However, if you late register for one, then you're down on chips to start, so that range better be a bit wider....to try and get back to even in chips.

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
that's how I saw it also and would remind others that this is NOT how you play the league games or higher buy-ins as compared to your bankroll

my concept of an appropriate micro vs bankroll would be along the lines of $0.10 / $20 or $0.25 / $50.

Will also remind that anyone who would want to comment or ask a question during this series of post they are welcomed
I'd like to keep the thread open to all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com