Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Blind Play Series in January

Old
Blind Play Series in January - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

I often get questions about how to go about playing in the blinds, in terms of defending them vs. steal position raises, non-steal raises, and stealing/attacking them when we're opening in late position in micro stakes vs. a variety of fishy type opponents. To that end I've decided in January for my Thursday 6-max cash sessions I'm going to run a series on play in the blinds, covering both defending the blinds and attacking the blinds in micro-stakes 6 max cash.

If anyone has hands they would like to submit for this series that gave them trouble or was an interesting spot, please email them to me in .txt format (you can just save the hand(s) in notepad) and I will look to incorporate them into the series. All hands will be displayed anonymously during this series, so if you feel you botched a hand don't worry about your name being up there for this.

The requirements for the hands are simple:

-Hands must be from 6-max cash, either 2NL or 5NL
-You must either be defending your blind vs. a raise or raises from any position (or you may have folded the hand but aren't sure if you should have defended or not). Your action from the blind (call, re-raise, or fold) are all ok to submit.
-Or you must be attacking the blinds (open raising, first in, from the cut off, button, or SB position). Pure steals or value raises are fine.

You can email any such situations to me at Dave@mypokerschoolonline.com

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 02:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Sounds fun. Stealing at loose tables is a problem area for me, so this should be a fun series.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com