Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Joker Tour 2

Old
Joker Tour 2 - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 06:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
All comments and questions are welcomed from all.

Here is the first 20-30 minutes.

1st hand
This last push on the river by Grinder just gave me the willies of an A rag so felt easy folding

I felt that a C-bet here would give me a good indicator if my opponent held a 9

At this point I had no respect for Grinder and felt that pushing over his call to the all-in would be enough to put him all-in
Feeling I was ahead of Grinder the over bet would still keep my stack up if I loss to Syn

Last edited by joker41673; Mon Dec 26, 2011 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Don't erase your hands from the re-player it's a pain to re-do 'em

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hand 1 raising is ok, so would just checking and seeing the flop. On the flop I don't care for calling the guys lead... you have a player behind you still, and let him take control of the hand. The min-bet of 100 into 900 is weaksauce. It would be reasonable on these stacks to raise him right here and go from there (if you get reraised, fold, if you get 2 callers, you're done unless you turn a set, if you get 1 caller, evaluate the turn and action). Or just fold. Calling 100 usually just leaks off chips, even when you do turn your set there's no guarantee of action as the guy leading into you looks weak.

Hand 2 is pretty standard, this board misses them a lot, the hands most likely to call you are small/mid pairs but you have equity against those plus a lot of good turn barrel cards as well, so I definitely like the c-bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#3)
You caught me Dave

I like to play weak and limp and fold to create an image of a donk, fish or just an unskilled player to help maximize when i'm ready

sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and i don't think i'll ever have enough hands to determine if it is working for me or not but it seems to
either way it does help to confuse others of what my holdings are and whether i'm bluffing or not
what i need to work on is minimizing my losses while doing this
i want them to believe that i'm a loose donk but not lose enough to cripple me

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
You caught me Dave

I like to play weak and limp and fold to create an image of a donk, fish or just an unskilled player to help maximize when i'm ready
I don't understand what you mean? In both hands you raised preflop, you didn't limp/fold...

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I don't understand what you mean? In both hands you raised preflop, you didn't limp/fold...
I see what you're saying
it'll probably rear it's ugly head soon in these posts
limp fold is mostly what is happening to my stack between these hands

P.S. what about the 3rd hand?
it had a glitch and it took me an hour or so before i could go fix it

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 03:14 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I see what you're saying
it'll probably rear it's ugly head soon in these posts
I still don't know what you mean, but ok.

Quote:
limp fold is mostly what is happening to my stack between these hands
Well I'd say that's not good.

Quote:
P.S. what about the 3rd hand?
it had a glitch and it took me an hour or so before i could go fix it
Ah, it wasn't there when I was replying. It's a bit marginal, but ok. The guy is fishy but a lot of his fishy range will be a flip against 77 anyway, and he's still entitled to pick up a real hand too. Still if he's that super wide (which obviously he is) it's not a bad spot to gamble since he's only got 24 bb's and we cover him. I think I would shove though instead of make the small 3b... maybe he'll make a mistake and fold, and that's a huge win if he folds and leaves all that extra dead money out there and you only have to beat 1 hand to get it. If he calls with the bottom of his range like he did here getting it in bad, that's fine too obviously. In reality your raise size and a shove should mean the same thing, all the monies are going in, but he may not recognize that so it might make a slight difference in your action. Over all I think it's a good play.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 07:55 AM
(#7)
Thanks Dave, I appreciate your input.

Do you think on the first hand a c-bet would have been a better play while the flop contained two over cards?

I was afraid of Grinder holding an Arag and that was why I just called him to the river. Only the 9 would improve me to win so I wanted to keep the bet low until it did.

You said the limp fold was a bad thing. Even if my intention is to display a weak image?

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
If you feel like this action means he has an ace, and he won't fold to a raise, then just fold. You don't want to call drawing to a 2 outter with A) no guarantee about what the guy will do behind you, or what the turn action will be, and B) no guarantee you'll get paid when you spike your set.

A continuation bet would be fine on this board if it was checked to you. His bet sizing donking into the preflop raiser is weak, which is why I would consider raising him. You could raise an amount that is the same as what you might normally c-bet had he checked, but despite being the same amount it will look a lot stronger because it's not just a c-bet, someone's already bet and you raised them.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
(#9)
All fixed now

Last edited by joker41673; Mon Dec 26, 2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
i can't erase hands after they are posted
Right. Single most annoying feature in the replayer.

Quote:
get the chance I will re-input them into the replayer
And that does not seem to be possible either.
I am making a public appeal to the developers here - for whom I have the utmost respect - to make the following changes to the replayer:

1) When a hand is posted, store it in a file (it's not as if it takes up any space) so it's permalinked, and it stays so. I started a blog on (er) Silly Hands, I gave it up because of this.

2) Make the link-builder easier - either plainly copy-to-clipboard-able or plainly forum-linkable.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com