Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Did I bet this right?

Old
Did I bet this right? - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I have a feeling I misplayed this hand and would like to know what I could have done to get more money into the pot.

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The optimum play depends on your reads on the opponent. If they are passive callers, bet into them. If they are loose - aggressive, check call. If they play fit or fold, I might check the flop and turn hoping they catch and then bet the river.

Most likely you got as much value as you could from the hand as 2/3 of the time they missed the flop.

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Check-raise big screams "I have a deuce". Check-call would be ok, so would leading out as it's a good flop to lead on as the BB... it's a board texture one might try to steal on and there are lots of value hands and draws the villain can give action with. Either of those lines I like better here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 10:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Thanks Joe and Dave. I see what you mean about screaming "I have a deuce." It was too early in the tourney to assess his style and range. I figured I was ahead and just wanted to be sure he did not catch up.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com