Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

SB vs BB

Old
SB vs BB - Sat Dec 17, 2011, 11:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Guy at BB isn't some crazy type, his stack size is scary and I really don't want to mess, but, I decided to limp, if he 3bts I can call but after that only fold is an option.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

My question is: After hand played I showed my A, I think that was a right move, to let him think I trapped him.
What do you think ?

Old
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 11:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: if you're the SB, never limp. Either raise or fold. limping is a big chip leak. You had a suited A, so should have raised to 2.5-3BB.

flop: you miss and check, which is fine. The opp hit a part of the flop (personally if I'm the opp and you played preflop weak by limping, then checking the flop, I'm betting ATC here).

Showing the A is a BIG mistake. It does NOT make you look like a trapper. To trap someone, you play a strong, already made, hand (which obviously the opp had the best hand, since they showed) passively, then bet big later in the hand. The key with trapping is that you must have the best hand all along.... not draw into it later in the hand. If you draw into a good hand later, it's not trapping, it's getting lucky when you're behind.

By showing the A, the opp should be making a note on you that you will play an A very passively, especially from the blinds and will limp with it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com