opening bets in low stackes!!

Old
Wink
opening bets in low stackes!! - Sun Dec 18, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
question:

in low stake MTT's i tend to open 2.5 BB when i start a hand, but lately i get called a lot by drawing hands like 67s or suited aces. and when thes dudes are in they tend to stick and draw their flushes or gutshots in the river

so please help me in anwsering the following question, should i upgrade my opening bets or is it just a nasty extra of playing low stakes???

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'll vary my opening bets from 2.5 x to 4x +1 per limper based on table tightness/looseness.

Be careful to watch for changes to the table as people bust and are replaced.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I try to start a tourney at about 3-4BB, then lower it as the blinds go up. By the time it gets to 200/400 or so, then I'll lower it down to 2.5-3BB as std opening raise.

Old
Wink
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
tnx for the info then i am playing it all right allready but have to watch them more closely and make better notes on players who tend to chase their draws

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com