Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

epic suckout on 10 Aniverssary FPP round 3

Old
epic suckout on 10 Aniverssary FPP round 3 - Sun Dec 18, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
so dissapointed... If i won this hand i would have earned the 215 dollar ticket.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#2)
and my second attempt on the 11 dollar turbo ended at the 4200th place with 1689 entries to the sunday million.

shit vs shit and he hits 2 pair on the flop

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
UTG +1 raises preflop according to SpaceGravy he needs to have AJ suited or better to make that play and he may have 99 or better also . Since you were in late position with AT off suit that is below the UTG + 1 range. Sticking to spacegravy's theory you should have folded preflop to preflop raise from early position player.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#4)
you and your spacegravy's theory, that man is made for SNG not for MTT, he also says you should play more hands with higher blinds and ATo was a good hand in late position for that time.

I had rougly 94% to win that ticket in that hand on the turn, and on the river luck punches me in the face once again.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
well throw those hands in poker stove and see the odds preflop

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 05:39 PM
(#6)
Chris please shut ur crap about pre-flop it was 95.5% vs 4.5% on the turn, this has nothing to do with pre-flop anymore, weve been over this on teamspeak.

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Tiber my intent was not to get you angry
SpaceGravy videos have helped me to play better S+G's and MTT's
You are only six percent away from the same win rate of ITM as SpaceGravy
ROI is another story , ROI tends to follow ITM , first the ITM then ROI follows .
You post bad beats which I assume you want people to comment on then you fail to learn from them.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
by the way roomik my fights dont look like that

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
so dissapointed... If i won this hand i would have earned the 215 dollar ticket.

With the blinds @ 150/300, your < 10BB's, shouldn't you be in push/fold mode? Calling for 22% of your stack pre-flop & relying heavily on the flop vs villain who has you more than covered is a -ev play in my opinion. ATo rarely flops well. Also if pre-flop raiser flops TP/decent kicker, there is no way they are going away even to a short stack shove!

Yes, your a big fav on the turn to win the hand & it's a classic suck-out....but you did put yourself in a tough spot by calling when you should be pushing or folding in the first place!

I'm with Chris on this one. Gap concept springs to mind. I suggest you read up on it.

Keep plugging away Tiber, your luck's bound to turn at some point.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 05:00 PM
(#11)
my luck cant turn, this was once in a 10 year tourney, this was the tourney that i was working towards for some months and to get sucked out like this...

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
You have a gift of ignoring what others try to tell you
so you are right your luck will never change
because luck is in fact the same for everyone over time
its called the Law of Large Numbers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

or
to quote Joe

People who become nearly obsessed with bad beats generally are the same ones who focus on the results of a hand and not their decisions and the decision making process. Once I learned that poker was a game of decisions and people played with cards and not a game of cards played by people I began to lose my concern over bad beats. In poker your objective should ALWAYS be how to influence your opponent(s) to make poor decisions. Whenever you succeed in doing such your have just made a +EV move (see Sklansky's Fundamental Theorem of Poker). Make more +EV moves than -EV ones and you are on your way to becoming a winning poker player.

Read more: Why Bad Beats Matter To Some - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1h28ikGip

Last edited by XXChris123; Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 09:38 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com