Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

very proud of my squeez play-215 sunday ten million

Old
very proud of my squeez play-215 sunday ten million - Sun Dec 18, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Teachers im very proud of my play here

i really saw a lot of good players 3bet squeezplay saw them doing this in btn position with very weak hands and I said to myself I want to do this

and this is the opportunity and I take it

i'll give you a background first why I'm very sure it will work:

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

i dont have a hand but the limper is a fish who limps evry hand i know i an outplay him

lo and behold K high wins

next about the great player martin

martin always 3bet the fish in position almost everytime, but then of curse he's 3betting active someone will 4bet him and he always fold he never called a single time.

but martin is a good player i'm afraid of him

when this happened

I'm proud of this. I hope i make you proud TEACHERS because this is the first time I tried this play and I did this in the Biggest Event online

*fyi I got 23,748 in chips

running good playing good staying out of trouble winning chips without showdown

and it helps when the board is always helping me

i bust out someone beause of a good play too.

HEP HEP ONE TIME BIG TIME

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 05:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
first hand: This really doesn't qualify as a squeeze, as there aren't 2 or more opps in the pot already, hence the name squeeze. I like your raise preflop, but think it'd have been better if you c-bet the flop, instead of checking it. Your raise pre says you have a strong hand, but the check on the flop is weak.
You did lead out on the turn, which was called by the opp (think this gets them to fold more if you do it on the flop instead of the turn).
On the river, I'm making some bet here for sure. You don't want to give away chips, but you also don't want a larger tourney player get info on you too. They checked down the river for a reason... to make you show your hand, so they can take notes from it and get an example of what type of hand you'll play if you're in the blinds.

2nd hand: Either steal here or fold preflop... folding is fine, especially if you've been playing a good number of hands

3rd hand: Now... this is a great example of a squeeze play

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 07:25 PM
(#3)
Mr. JWK24 Sir

the Hijack limps then CO raise so I 3bet, i already got 2 opp one limper and one raiser

do i need 2 raiser and i need to 4bet to be alled a squeez?

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#4)
sorry my bad your referring to hand#1-- but that is just to see why i did the squuezplay sample of the hand i play with the opp

hand#3 squeezplay

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
On the first hand checking this flop after raising OOP doesn't make much sense. Also, just because you won with K-high at showdown doesn't mean much except that he played this hand passively. He clearly missed some sort of draw and didn't try to bluff the river. Maybe he doesn't think he can get you off a small pair/ace high, maybe he just doesn't bluff.

Not sure why you've posted the 2nd hand. You could probably raise here, but I thought this hand was supposed to be part of your read development? I think you posted the wrong hand. Supposed to show him folding to a 3-bet right?

Hand 3 is not really a squeeze play. It's a nice cold light 3-bet though. You have position on a good player who's probably just iso'ing the weak limper. Even if he calls (though he's probably more likely to just 4-bet or fold if he's a good player since he'll be out of position) you have a hand with some potential postflop, suited and semi-connected, although this is just a nice extra. It's a good play, but don't do this too often, as a good player will pick up on it and start 4-betting you light.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
On the first hand checking this flop after raising OOP doesn't make much sense. Also, just because you won with K-high at showdown doesn't mean much except that he played this hand passively. He clearly missed some sort of draw and didn't try to bluff the river. Maybe he doesn't think he can get you off a small pair/ace high, maybe he just doesn't bluff.

Not sure why you've posted the 2nd hand. You could probably raise here, but I thought this hand was supposed to be part of your read development? I think you posted the wrong hand. Supposed to show him folding to a 3-bet right?

Hand 3 is not really a squeeze play. It's a nice cold light 3-bet though. You have position on a good player who's probably just iso'ing the weak limper. Even if he calls (though he's probably more likely to just 4-bet or fold if he's a good player since he'll be out of position) you have a hand with some potential postflop, suited and semi-connected, although this is just a nice extra. It's a good play, but don't do this too often, as a good player will pick up on it and start 4-betting you light.

noted

this is just for kicks i have stacks to waste i saw the opportunity i just tried it luckily it worked

auto fold if he 4bet definitely

just saw the 2nd hand your right wrong hand, part of read development correct but post the wrong hand

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com