Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

i had to call right?

Old
Default
i had to call right? - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#1)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
info.
op that pushes all in has a vpip of 50%...op that calls has a tag image but i had him well covered,
so i put the caller on an ace and figure the side pot even if he hits his ace is ok, then this happens does this make any sense? how many of u would of called this and how many willing give up them kings in this situation, i seem to be running like this alot and its messing with my game big time, think ive lost the plot i,m not on tilt but wow i,m being tested lol.

 
Old
Default
fold - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#2)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
3 way your kk bro become weak,40 bb left was no need to call shuld of waited for better spot bro,the player who shoved 47 was trying to bully or whatever using his posistion and got lucky.theres always that chance preflop as is the a gamble hoping your hand holds,dont let it tilt you just except it move on,you played the hnd ok a call was ok but 40bbs,and you all ready thought ace with the low stack was risky
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#3)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
The only hand that beats KK is AA. If you're going to fold KK preflop, you need to know that with a pretty high probability, somebody has AA. When someone open jams for their entire stack preflop, does it sound fair to say that they'll usually have AA? Or when someone calls that person, does it sound right to say that they'll never call with JJ or AK or even KQ? If they'll ever call with other hands, then calling with your KK is fine. You need some pretty heavy reads to fold here.
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 10:50 AM
(#4)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
if the big stack has a Vpip of 50 I am calling all day long, the other guy probably knew the guy was shoving light so he jammed, not knowing you had KK... just a horrible bad beat
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#5)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,832
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
as long as you don't put one of them on AA (especially the larger stack), then I'm going here every time... with 1 exception and I'm highly considering calling it then. if this is the HBH hand to get ITM. The big stack with a VPIP of 50 really makes this an easy call.

With the hands that are out there, you've got a 55.5% chance to win BOTH pots and another 25% of just winning the side pot. The opp that got extremely lucky has 19.5% equity, so they win less than 1 in 5.
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#6)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Thanks i was pretty sure i played it right, just needed some confirmation.

Merry xmas all.
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#7)
deadeyz's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Hi! Pokerpest72, I think as previous posts have mentioned more often than not you have to make that call all day long and twice on Sunday (with exception of close to making money / final table etc.) unless you are absolutely sure that the opp is holding A,A. If you start thinking about folding K,K pre-flop then you become easily bluff-able in my humble opinion.

Don't feel bad about cos you made the right decision and that is the best thing you can do in poker. We all know that even if you make the right decision some times not necessarily you going to end up winning the hand.

Here are couple of examples just to cheer you up





I am sure this one is not your first bad beat and for sure its not going to be the last one. Cheer up and don't let this kind of thing affect your game, just think of the time you put a bad beat on some one.

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#8)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Don't feel bad about cos you made the right decision and that is the best thing you can do in poker. We all know that even if you make the right decision some times not necessarily you going to end up winning the hand.

+1

made the perfect call

they suck us out on the worst possible card they have

nothing we can do

next game

HEP HEP ONE TIME BIG TIME
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com