Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Russians/Skill League ?

Old
Russians/Skill League ? - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 02:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
When you end up at a table with 5 Russians its a joke, no skill just ATC Bingo. I would cut the internet cables to that part of the world and let them go back to counting Beetroots and Potatoes. They are turning a good league into something worse than the Open. Just Saying

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
In Soviet Russia - Poker plays you.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Gatehouse,

The first page of the leaderboard for the last few months of the premier league would suggest you are wrong.

The odd one or two come in from the Open League and act like idiots. But that happens with all nationalities.

Have you made notes on these players? You will probably meet them again.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
When you end up at a table with 5 Russians its a joke, no skill just ATC Bingo. I would cut the internet cables to that part of the world and let them go back to counting Beetroots and Potatoes. They are turning a good league into something worse than the Open. Just Saying

LMAO!!!!! Beetroots and potatoes....A classic!!!!

Although...I am told that I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming..."ALL IN"

And also apparently a few other words that I'm told I cannot repeat here. Grumpy Old Mods...

Dale

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Maybe I am Pentire but I doubt it, I suspect the vast army of Russian donkeys show up well on the leader board through weight of numbers, if you through enough mud at something then some will stick. If someone had enough time to analyse the number of Russians in the leagues I am sure they far outnumber every other nation. I think one has to bear in mind that they put the word "Russian" in front of roulette and not say Canadian, Irish or Scottish for that matter.

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 01:26 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post

LOL.....Добро пожаловать в ад мой друг!

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but since Black Friday, Pokerstars have had to 'tap into' new markets to counteract the fact that they lost a large proportion of their income from US players. Hence the incredibly large influx of players from South American & Eastern Block countries.

A high percentage of these players are no doubt (from my research using various websites), are relatively inexperienced, some having even bought into large field MTT tourneys for $1k+ & never even cashing. They probably look at players like Alex Kravchenko & Ivan Demidov as some kind of demi-gods! Unfortunately for them, but fortunate for us. their aspirations are perhaps somewhat misguided!! (No disrespect intended here as there are some very good players from above said regions).

You'll be surprised how many of these are now playing in the PSO league trying to recoup their losses.

Can only be a good thing in the long run......new fish etc etc etc.

Удачи за столами

p.s. The bit in Russian at the beginnning of my waffle reads ('Welcome to hell my friend')

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com