Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

4.4180MAN worst turn card

Old
4.4180MAN worst turn card - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
about my opp

he's range is wide Q6s J4 anything under the sun

he calling range post flop is wide i saw him call 2 barrels with low pr

but he's shoving range is a monster

shove all in straight, full house

his betting pattern is donk bet lead out weak bet then fold to aggression

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This is very difficult fold for me, worst turn card

I know he can have KJs or JTs which is definitely in his range, but opp is not a good player so he's not capable of bluffing with draws I dont think he's bluffing here

and one more thing the moment A comes out he instantly as in instantly shoves.

and the good thing I can steal wait for my spot I have 13BB's left

the reason for my small post flop bet is i really want him to come and he's capable of check raising to a small bet

i planned this hand perfectly but the board did not cooperate

i dont want to fell in love with my cards again i learned my lesson a lot of times

What do you think?

Last edited by marvinsytan; Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played it great. I like your 3bet sizing preflop. I was curious why the flop bet was as small as you made it, but I see you thought of that. I'm also quite impressed at the observations you had on this player. Did you have to go back into your hand histories to post them here, or did you remember all of it from memory? If it was all from memory, it seems like you're paying excellent attention and are picking up lots of information.

Without a read, I think you have to fold here. The fact that you had a read and went with it only makes the fold better. Well played.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: you've got a premium hand and with a min-raise and a call before you, I'm raising to more than 350. I'd have made it about 500. Your bet worked, that it isolated one opp, but I think that normally the initial raiser comes along in the hand for 350 too.

flop: I like that you're c-betting this, but I'd have went in the 2/3's pot instead of 40% You want to bet whatever you think the opp will call here (and be sure it's enough to price out any draws). Especially if the opp's calling range is really wide, I think you're leaving some value on the table here by not betting more. If you think the opp would call a 3/4's pot bet, that would even be better.

turn: I agree, not the card you want to see (don't know if the opp really liked it either and here's why). The opp called both an open raise and a 3-bet preflop, then called a flop bet and shoves the turn. A small pair that he got a set on the flop is also very much in their range here. If they have pocket 7's or 6's, they have a good hand, but the second diamond will scare them. They also could have suited connectors in diamonds that make a combo draw (89d, 45d). They also could have Ax, the worst for you is AA, AQ, A7 or A6, but AA should have raised preflop. If they think you'd fold to a shove, total air is in their range too.

I think the opp has either AQ or a set here most of the time and you can't beat either one... so folding is the correct play, if that is the case.

The one thing that could have maybe given you a bit more info about the opp's hand would be if you made slightly larger bets preflop and on the flop.

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I think you played it great. I like your 3bet sizing preflop. I was curious why the flop bet was as small as you made it, but I see you thought of that. I'm also quite impressed at the observations you had on this player. Did you have to go back into your hand histories to post them here, or did you remember all of it from memory? If it was all from memory, it seems like you're paying excellent attention and are picking up lots of information.

Without a read, I think you have to fold here. The fact that you had a read and went with it only makes the fold better. Well played.

i post it on my chat notes

i have lots of note, my friend

if your not doing it you better now, i think this is the one way to have an advantage and win a poker game

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com