Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

TP TK getting allin? sng 9m T (first hand :))

Old
TP TK getting allin? sng 9m T (first hand :)) - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Was this hand played that badly?
just started up the table no info on any of the players.
When V raised to 40 which isnt a standard raise at 10/20 at a 9man turbo sng, I also checked which tables he was playing, and he was playing just that one.
for me that meant he is probably out of his comfort zone so i hoped to use that.
also the flop was great for ATo.
so with those thoughts in mind was that played bad?

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: Calling their min raise is fine, you also could raise here too, since you're in position. Either way works.

flop: You have TPTK and the opp donk bets into you. I like that you raised here, for value and to see where you're at in the hand. The bet size is fine too (between the size of the pot and 3X the opp's donk bet).

turn: you get a card that puts a flush draw and a straight draw, possibly a made straight out there.
I like your bet size here, as it does price all these draws out.

river: your opp checks again, so they went min raise, check/call, check/call, check. You do have top pair with top kicker, but there are a number of hands that can beat you here (2 pair, set, straight). Yes the opp could only have 1 pair or a missed draw, but would they call a shove with that... probably not.
You don't know for certain that you've got the best hand. You might, but you might not. Due to this, there is no way I'm pushing this river. By pushing, you're basically never going to get called by worse hands... only by better ones.
You can make a thin value bet here (say 400), or you can check. Personally, I like the check for 2 reasons. 1) Your hand does have showdown value 2) You get to see the opp's cards (and can use this hand for making notes on the opp).

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
ty it was very helpful*

Last edited by DownLow300; Tue Dec 20, 2011 at 02:59 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com