Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Help with Tilt!

Old
Help with Tilt! - Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I have read and continue to re read the Zen and the Art of Poker by Timeless Secrets to transform your game - by Larry W Phillips

Gidee Up!

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks for the recommendation! Alway enjoy reading poker books, keep it coming :p

Last edited by Keldraco; Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 08:58 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 19, 2011, 09:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
During my long sessions I listen to DJ mix sessions, trance and progressive house in these noise cancelling headphones of mine, usually keeps me at par on the back 9!

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 10:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Wow sick! Thnaks for pointing this out Cowboy, I am very interested in eastern philosophy and I have not come across this before, I will check it out. I have often thought about how some Bhuddist/Taoist ideas would be very relevant to poker, hence my choice of avatar. Looking forward to checking this book out.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Swaxwell you should check out Tommy Angelo he looks at the thinking side of poker and works on tilt from a spirtual aspect. Really smart guy.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
If you get tilted by a bad beat or suckout here's something I try to remember.

You as a player got your opponent to make that mistake, you made them play bad against you, that makes me smile and calms me down a bit.

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Swaxwell you should check out Tommy Angelo he looks at the thinking side of poker and works on tilt from a spirtual aspect. Really smart guy.
Thanks Cookies, I checked out some articles on his webiste, definately something I will be spending some more time looking into.

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusBas View Post
If you get tilted by a bad beat or suckout here's something I try to remember.

You as a player got your opponent to make that mistake, you made them play bad against you, that makes me smile and calms me down a bit.
That's exactly what you should be thinking, your opponent got away with it this time...this time is not always or for ever, your time will come if you keep making the right decisions. If I didn't truly beleive this, I'd quit.

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
In a perverse way of thinking you WANT bad beats, at least a few of them. For a beat to be a bad beat you must have gotten the money in when significantly ahead and your opponent made a mistake. These two things are things we definitely want to happen.

So remember that bad beats equals good decisions on your part.

What's harder for me to swallow are the "good beats" where I get it in with a good but second best hand. Those weeks where it seems every opponent is at the top of their range. Sometimes these were properly played hand but frequently I missed a tell tale sign of strength.

Old
Sun Dec 25, 2011, 12:48 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'll have to check out some of these books ... hopefully they'll be on sale on Boxing Day!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com