Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

First Deposit

Old
First Deposit - Tue Dec 20, 2011, 01:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hey all today I made my first deposit of 25.00$. Though I am unsure of how i should go about building my bankroll. Sit'n'gos, or cash games? i play NLHE. Tonight after a couple failed sit and gos and some mistakes at the cash games tables im down to 19.75. But was up over 28.00 at one point. Im tired and know im not play at the top of my game so im going to get some rest. See you at the tables let me know if you guys have any good paths of building a bankroll this size

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 01:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Pick a format you like (or one that you have lots of study materials for), and just play it. Play the lowest stakes you can until you gain some confidence. I'd recommend doing a bit of study first because there are so many resources available, but the important thing is that you try your best and learn as much as you can from the games you play.

If your bankroll is low, I wouldn't recommend any multi-table tournaments, because they're harder to get a consistent winrate from. It's pretty easy to lose $15 playing $1 MTT's without cashing just because of bad luck. You can get more reliable wins for your bankroll from single-table games (like $1.50 SNG's or $0.01/$0.02 ring games), so that's where I'd start if I were you.

If you need study resources for any specific type of game, just use the search function at the top of the forum to look for related posts, or go to the PSO Library and search for articles there. There are also a ton of recorded pro videos and Live Training sessions in the Library, too, and those are super-useful as well.

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** Moved ***

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Silken welcome. Both Ahar 010 and myself Cowboy have good rules in place for solid bankroll management and in addition to this I woul dsuggest wtaching the 3 part series by Grayson Physioc aka Spacegravy!

Gidee Up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com