Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Did I really deserve to lose my chat for this.

Old
Did I really deserve to lose my chat for this. - Wed Dec 21, 2011, 06:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I was playing a $1.50 Fifty/50.Some Russian was announcing his hole cards while a hand was in play.One of the players at the table told him to stop it and must have called the Mod about it.

I said play poker
ST F U .
next thing I know is that I lost my chat for 30 days.I have since requested the tourney history and will report it to Pokerstars support.

I am pretty sure I will not have my chat restored as I violated PS chat policy,but meh WTF about the RUSTARD announcing his hole cards while a hand is in play. NOT A THING .

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 06:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
lol if it was not your 35th offence...

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
lol if it was not your 35th offence...

Just my 6th chat policy violation roomik just my 6th

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 07:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Yes

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 08:26 PM
(#5)
I think it's kinda excessive, but if you're a repeat offender...learn to control those bad impulses, I've played at the same table as you before, Brkn, and you've always been a perfect gentleman. Maybe you just need a calming influence??

I'm beginning to understand why they call you Silent Bob.

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 09:26 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Its the lose/lose situation that Stars has created.
You report it and the player is protected by ignorance.You mention something in chat it will backfire most of the time.

Really frustrating to know what to do with these dodos,I have closed chat most of the time to protect me from getting sidetracked.

Oh yeah,congrats on another ban

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
I was playing a $1.50 Fifty/50.Some Russian was announcing his hole cards while a hand was in play.One of the players at the table told him to stop it and must have called the Mod about it.

I said play poker
ST F U .
next thing I know is that I lost my chat for 30 days.I have since requested the tourney history and will report it to Pokerstars support.

I am pretty sure I will not have my chat restored as I violated PS chat policy,but meh WTF about the RUSTARD announcing his hole cards while a hand is in play. NOT A THING .
Is this a rhetorical question! Of course you did! But I will agree with Joy!

Gidee Up!

Old
Wed Dec 21, 2011, 11:52 PM
(#8)
A new name for Barkin' Bob....

Captain Pike!!!

At some point prior to "The Menagerie",[7] Pike is promoted to fleet captain. He is severely injured while rescuing several cadets from a baffle plate rupture onboard a J-class training vessel, the delta ray radiation leaving him paralyzed, mute, badly scarred, and dependent on a brainwave-operated wheelchair. His only means of communicating is through a light on the chair: one flash meaning "yes" and two flashes indicating "no".

Last edited by joker41673; Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 12:07 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Oh man,I just don't get it.I too reported a donk to chat mod for announcing his hands while still in play.The mod said that they only respond to chat issues!!!I thought announcing your hand while in play was called collusion and against PStars rules.Maybe I'll start doing it myself to spite the game.Screw 'em brkn,you did the right thing and as usual,bad play is rewarded again!

Last edited by beerdoh; Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#10)
omg.....brkn...dude/friend,

that is so funny once again, you are the man

but stars really?

get your act in gear

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 09:01 AM
(#11)
Did you type the acronym STFU or each word?

If the acronym, I'd assume you meant "shut the freak up" and would challenge the ban as I'm sure you were just trying to "educate" another opponent as to a card room rules violation.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
If announcing your hand isn't classed as a chat violation it should be, the same as any other attempt at cheating by collusion or whatever.

It's about time the chat mods got their act together.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#13)
DO NOT bring it to the attention of a Chat Mod as this will be the result. They clearly have told you before that it is not a chat violation so call the table moderator. But most important STFU at the tables.

Gidee Up!

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:40 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
What is the difference between a "chat moderator" and a "table moderator" ?

I have only ever been able to find "call moderator" in the options.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Did you type the acronym STFU or each word

ST F U is what I typed annie

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 12:12 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2011
I always thought ST F U stood for Saint Francais University...

I also think that's just terrible... cuz...

now Ur unable to wish those "RUSTARDS"...

"SEASONS GREETINGS"

Uhm... that was... "RUSTARDS"... and NOT... "RUSTURDS"... right?

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: add on

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#17)
If brkn's chat here warrants a 30 day chat ban then I would certainly hope,and expect, that the player announcing his cards while hands are in play will be getting a 30 day ban from playing,right Stars?

Right?

Of course they won't. Mike will probably get some e-mail from support (if he gets one that is...) thanking him for bringing this to their attention and then saying,like cookies alluded to in his post,that they think the player was probably just unaware of this being a violation.

If that's the case all I can say to that is what a bunch of BS. When you click "I agree" at the end of the T.O.S. agreement you are stipulating exactly that...that you ARE aware of the cardroom rules. Plus the laughable pretext that anyone playing this game can honestly think that in a game that revolves around decisions made with incomplete information it would ever be OK for a player to announce their hole cards.

Put this in a live setting. Who do you think is more likely to get tossed out of the game (and possibly further "reprimanded" in the parking lot afterwards...)? The player who uses blue language or the idiot announcing his holdings whilst a hand is in play?

I know in who's keister my size 12 would be residing.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 04:08 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I know in who's keister my size 12 would be residing.
My size 12 would be right behind it

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#19)
LOL

Everything was done as per the the guide lines which the Mods have to follow
What needs to be done, is get PokerStars to change the guide lines that the Mods need to follow
What probably happend is that when the Mod showed up at the table brkn then typed ST F U and the Mod probably thought it was address to him, which is an automatic ban. Don't know the exact story.

So write to PokerStars and ask them to re-write their policies so that the chat mods could use their judgement instead of written policies which they have to follow to the letter and good luck

LOL what do I know

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Don't know the exact story.
Another player told the Russian to stop and that it was against T.O.S.The Russian I believe announced his cards again , and was told to stop or the guy was gonna call the Mod.That is when I typed

play poker

ST F U

Next thing I see is a Mod come to the table expain that Mods are for chat() violations and to contact support for anything else.I kind of figured that I was toast.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com