Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Booby's 2012 Goals

Old
Booby's 2012 Goals - Thu Dec 22, 2011, 01:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I really only started taking poker seriously in August this year so it's about time I set out what I want to achieve next year.

I intend to spend the whole of my approx $50 existing bankroll (less $11.50 itemised below) on some private coaching sessions.

The $11.50 I am keeping back will be spent on 5x Home games in January so I have something to look forward to each week and my initial $6.25 bankroll for the cowboy challenge which I intend to complete on 45man SNG.

Starting with a bankroll of zero I will play freerolls and skill league games to build a roll, I will have enough VPPs at the end of December to make sure I will qualify for any higher level of prize at the end of January if I play the Open skill League.

I will devote at least 3 hours every week to watching videos and other study.

I will keep a spreadsheet of all games I play and post the results in the forum on a regular basis.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 01:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobylops View Post
Starting with a bankroll of zero I will play freerolls and skill league games to build a roll, I will have enough VPPs at the end of December to make sure I will qualify for any higher level of prize at the end of January if I play the Open skill League.
Cool plan. What's the end result you're aiming for? Do you want to eventually branch out and build a big bankroll through non-PSO games, or do you want to get to the Premier League and attain fame and fortune that way?

I look forward to your results. Just make sure to lock down those VPP's before the new month rolls around. They can be really tough to get if you're short on cash.

Old
Thu Dec 22, 2011, 01:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
The aim is actually quite modest, I want to win enough to replace what I am investing in training so the goal is get a bankroll of $50 ASAP.

The other aim is to beat the cowboy challenge and slowly move up the buy in levels.

I am in the Premier League at the moment but will probably go back down at the end of the year but I have a very good strategy for the OSL and would expect to be back in the Premier League for February when I will take a proper crack at staying there.

By the way thanks for your comments on the challenge thread, they made me have a think and I have posted better results since then.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com