Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

EPC Poker Leagues - Season III Week 7

Old
EPC Poker Leagues - Season III Week 7 - Fri Dec 23, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar

UPDATE: The Season IV Sign Up will be posted at the website this week

www.epcpokerleagues.yolasite.com

Week 7

After 6 weeks of play it was looking like some of the team and individual leaders were primed to run away from the field, but things tightened up a bit in Week 7 and we are now primed instead for some exciting finishes. One exception to this would be the play of rookie easydeuce747, who keeps piling up the points and has put a bit of separation between himself and the field for the new Rookie of the Year award. That race is far from settled as well though as we have 3 full weeks of play left and, as usual, plenty of capable and talented players within striking distance. I for one look forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Also, I gotta give a shout out to FULLER92. I mentioned that I hadn't seen him on the league tables very much and kinda sorta issued a challenge by letting him know his team had spent a high draft pick on him. "The Machine" played one tournament in Week 7. He won it. Just like the old BRAG days....

Team Standings
After watching defending champs Alpha win 4 of 5 weeks to build a decent lead and start to pull away, Season I champs Generation X said "Not so fast", and won Week 7 with a strong, balanced team effort. Gen X posted a score of 827 to slice over 200 points off Alphas lead and now sit in 2nd place, 707 points back. They showed great depth with their highest scorer barely cracking the top 10 for the week but a total of 7 players scoring over 100 points. Well done. The BADazzBEARS refuse to give in after a slow start put them in an early hole and had another strong week, coming in with 760 points. They remain in 4th place, just a bear paw out of 3rd, after spending the first half of the season in last place. A very resilient group, way to go. The Chip Chargers, a new team this season going through some growing pains, came in 3rd for the week with 741 points. A team with great base talent and enthusiastic leadership, I expect them to continue growing and become a force in the near future. And the Solvent Puberties, who had some growing pains of their own the last couple seasons, had another solid week with 736 points and remain in 3rd place. Y'all just gotta keep grinding and eventually someone other than Alpha or Gen X will take down a championship.

Player of the Week

Jr_RLC has been tearing it up big time since his recent return to EPC poker, and shows no sign of letting up. He had a win and also a 3rd place finish on his way to scoring 247 pts for his team in Week 7 to win Player of the Week honors for the second time this season, joining Dirty Rook as the only players to accomplish that feat. He has also been tearing it up in non-league action, winning Week 7 of The Sunday Showdown and placing 4th in the Two For Tuesday Turbo. That week would be a great year for most players, and I probably missed something. Among the best weeks on record, great work. Ansomemore, our friend from down under, oi oi oi'd her way onto count 'em 3 final tables this week to net herself 215 points. Very impressive. And after a dominant performance last season, SPOILER64 is showing he's no flash in the pan as he continues to bang out the points, having another strong week—including a win—while netting 202 points. Approaching a rare air level of consistency, well done. CSBarbarian (197 pts) and proftax42 (188 pts) round out the top 5. Great job everyone, I know first hand how tough those final table points are to get.

League Scoring Leaders
LBM&T has led the League in scoring since Week 1 and pushed his point total to 1,085 for the season, but Dirty Rook keeps drawing closer and is now just 139 back, sitting in 2nd place with 946 points. Jr_RLC occupies the 3 spot with 927 pts, SPOILER64 is in 4th with 894 pts, and in 5th we have easydeuce747 with 803 pts as he continues his surge up the leader board after getting picked up in the Week 4 waiver draft. Great work so far everyone. A few tough veteran players like XBad_Company, OZZY-STL, fnich72, hartjack8, proftax42 and Wackman's are lurking in the top 25, as are rookies tommydoo, aamin10, apd1122, and Nannook. This race looks like it will be going down to the wire, good luck.

EPC Top Gun
The Top Gun Standings tightened up considerably this week as season long leaders Dirty Rook and LBM&T showed signs of being mortal as each finally had a week without landing a final table. We don't have a single player left that has scored a final table every week, further testament to how tough they are to get. Rook holds the lead with an average of 3.86, LB is in 2nd at 5.14, followed by Jr_RLC (5.43), SPOILER64 (5.57) and apd1122 (6.71). Several other strong players, including ArnoldZifell, BigAlzzzz and Dkota Rules, are also lurking close behind but the list of contenders will be shrinking each week from here on out as there is basically zero margin for error now. No pressure, nooooooooo pressure. Good luck!

Wins & Final Tables
Jr_RLC and 75 diamonds are tied for most wins with 3 each. We have a 4 way tie for 3rd, with aamin10, Dirty Rook, easydeuce747 and Mithrall all claiming 2 wins so far this season. Jr_RLC and LBM&T, each with 11, lead the final table count, followed by Dirty Rook with 9, and tied for 4th with 8 each are XBad_Company and SPOILER64. The leaders at the end of the season get their choice of an ESPN-PC tshirt and a PokerStars hat.

League Champions
With 3 weeks left all 7 of the League Champion races are still fairly wide open. SPOILER64 and LBM&T both have 6 cashes in one league as they shoot for the magic number of 7 cashes in one season. easydeuce747 is in 2nd place in two different leagues, and of course Dirty Rook is in the top 5 of three different leagues. I've mentioned in the past that these standings will be used for entry into a special event and will be posting details on that soon. What I can tell you right now is that it will probably be most important to finish in the top 10. Good luck.

Week 7 League Tournament Winners
Monday PL - SPOILER64
Monday Night PL - KISHKUTENA
Tuesday Night PL - easydeuce747
Wednesday PL - apd1122
Thursday Night PL - 75 diamonds
Friday Night PL - FULLER92
Saturday PL - Jr_RLC

Thanks for playing....it's fun

Tony T
EPC Poker Leagues
12/19/2011

Last edited by i luv 2Jo; Sat Dec 24, 2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: typo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com