Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Distractions While Playing...BAD idea

Old
Distractions While Playing...BAD idea - Fri Dec 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi everybody, I hope all the active members of the PSO forums are doing great on the tables and getting many victories.

well, today I have to confess I was playing distracted with other pages and playing music...the consequences didn't wait... I was playing the latin american poker league LAPL and the bubble was being busted, I had around 18BB and was feeling comfortable, while the hand by hand play had my table paused... well i opened my music player and a blink before I clicked on one song to play it, the table popped up and i hit the all in button with a beautiful 79o and a player was all in already...I felt like sh... :X lesson learned... does stars have an option to confirm large bets to avoid this happenning? no need to say i wasn't as lucky as some maniacs who win with 73o over Aces lol

Last edited by D H Q; Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 09:10 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
you have to find your comfort zone. if i dont play distracted i get distracted. I like to have music or a audio book in the background wile i play, but we are all (thank goodness) differant.

so find what is good for you and go with that.

off you blast so m&m though my headphones now

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
After a while you'll learn where to put things so they don't show up in a spot that will put you all in. You've had a tough lesson, learn from it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com