Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Bankroll management advice appreciated

Old
Bankroll management advice appreciated - Fri Dec 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi dear poker mates of this awesome school I hope you are doing great and will have a lovely Xmas day n night with your families

well, my question is simple, I am, according to some of my closer poker friends, a "coward" to avoid using the real word because is rude, hehehe, they call me that because I don't move up the levels... but In my opinion they are a bit wreckless and I'm not interested in that style of play...

they said I should move up from the 1 buck SnGs to 2 or 3 dollar sits with 50-70 dollars but I say no... if I have a bankroll of 60, where should I play? I am only interested in SnGs as there's where I feel I do better.

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
do you play single table or 180 man sit and gos?

Honestly i would start with the 25cent 45 mans or 1.50 Single tables and build up from there.

your "friends" are i think wrong. you need a solid base to take some bad beats in this weird game of ours.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Well, I'm only playing $1.50 SNG's with $300, so by my standards you're a little loose. BR management depends on a lot of things, but the main one is how much you want to replace your current stack. If you are OK with losing it and reloading, go ahead. If you don't want to reload at any cost, then it pays to be more conservative.

I have a deal with my husband that says I can never reload, so I'm pretty conservative. Others have different standards that apply to their particular circumstances. You have to decide what's right for you, if you don't want to move up, then don't. Don't let peer pressure make you do something you're not comfortable with.

Deciding what's right for you and then doing it is the best thing you can do, pussy be d*****. It's your money and your decision.

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
what level you playing Joy? i know you play 1.10 r with you bankroll so yes this seems a lot tight for you?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
i play 1 table 9 men sits usually and since I started playing I've never reloaded and will never do, so yes I want to be conservative thanks for your advice guys, you rock

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com