Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

MTT and SNG steal stats

Old
MTT and SNG steal stats - Sat Dec 24, 2011, 01:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,
I've been going through my PT3 stats, what would good steal/re-steal numbers look like? As a new player it's one area that a feel I struggle with i.e. keeping up with the blinds when I don't get decent hands. At the moment I don't feel I steal enough or defend my blinds enough.
Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 11:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I don't have PT3, so the stats I go by are the ones you get on stars with how many flops you see. I normally see about 17-25% of flops from SB and about 10-15% higher from the BB. The numbers will obviously vary, depending on the cards you get.

One of the biggest leaks that most beginning players have is that they try to defend blinds without playable hands (especially from the SB).

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
I don't know what is a good steal/re-steal numbers either. Where can we look for the re-steal stats? My attempt to steal blinds is 32.16, and my raise vs steal(raise steal attempt from a blind) is12.04 the rest of the figures are about the same as yours.

Last edited by Keldraco; Sat Dec 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks Guys

Keldraco, There are stats in PT for re-steal, I had to look it up, Raise SB Steal Att and Raise BB Steal Att. I'm running about 10% for each. Strangely I nearly ended up working on my stealing against you in a tournament, unfortunatly I didn't last long, I was on the wrong end of a FH vs FH

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com