Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Happy New Year Sunday Special!

Old
Happy New Year Sunday Special! - Sat Dec 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Happy New Year PSO! In the New Years Sunday Special we will be getting together and playing Home Games Style! There will be 2 home game tournaments being offered. One will be a play money buy in (our "US friendly" event), and one will be a $1.10 real money buy in. The real money buy in event will have a standard PokerStars top 15% pay structure, and PSO will be ADDING 3x $1.10 tickets to the prize pool for the top 3 finishers!

Dave "TheLangolier" will be playing along with you with his hole cards not displayed so you can all join in. I'll be featuring my tables while I'm still in, and both Final Tables, during this Sunday Home Game Special!

Here's how to join:

- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 549129
- Enter my Invitation Code: Lango123

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 07:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
very cool,

cheers

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 08:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
cool, sent my application for the game in just then

Old
Sat Dec 24, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#4)
Dang it all,

i just reread this is this a one off on new years day only deal (while i'm at in laws getting bored stiff) if so at what time?

or a regular Sunday game?

Grade b

Old
Sun Dec 25, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Grade b,

It's a one off as part of the regular Sunday Specials. I'll be doing something like this again but it's definitely not an every Sunday thing.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2011
I have just read about this under the main Live Training header button.

I am a real novice, and have a couple of questions (yes I did read it all, but don't quite understand it)

1. how does this training work? can you see our cards? do you stop the game and discuss the mistakes/good play?or just discuss as we go with the live chat as stated?

2. will it all be a little too advanced for me, if so, can you recommend a live training course. I like SNG 9
+SNG MT
+ MTT ---all NOLIMIT HOLDEM

3. and is there a charge? I don't have many VPP, around 26. But can pay in dollars if thats ok?

many thanks, and apologies if I sound a bit daft!

Richard

Last edited by WeaselBasher; Fri Dec 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: grammar/spelling

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
It's free, WeaselB, unless you want to enter the money-entry tourney (there are two, one play money and one real money; I'm playing in both). The cost of entry into the money-entry game is $1.10.

If I understand correctly, we'll all be playing while Dave acts as the commentator, sort of like poker on TV. He'll also be playing one of the games at the same time. He tends to make the info pretty easy to understand, so it should be good for your game. He'll be using the Live Training software, which you can open on your browser when Live Training begins. You don't need to pay to participate in Live Training, and nobody will be seeing anyone else's hole cards.

I'm sure Dave will explain the rest when he gets here. Hope to see you there!

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:27 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
Application on it's way

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#9)
thanks again for explaining my queries again PP, you are a star!

Sounds fun, plus a good thing for me to do......it will be a little late UK time, but not too bad!!

It is great value for money!!!!!!!!! (the real money game, the play money- even better!!)

I'll see any of you subscribers there- say hullo!

Richard

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Yes that's how it all works.

Now, there is a wrench in the works.

If you've tried to log into the PS client already today, you know there is a mandatory update that was rolled out this morning. The training tool will not work with the new update. The programmers of the training tool are very good at providing updates usually within 24-48 hours after a Stars client update rolls out. But given the timing, trainers (across all platforms) have been told that there is a chance the new training tool will be out Saturday, but most likely not until Jan 3rd.

What this means is, if the TT update doesn't come out until 1/3, I won't be able to display the pokerstars tables in the live training. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the Sunday Special. Not sure what's going to happen but I will report back here as soon as I know more tomorrow.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#11)
If we need it, one solution would be to require all participants of the training session to join the club so they can at least have the tables up. If everyone has that at least, then all we'd need is an audio medium, which the TT should still be able to provide.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Yes, the training tool will provide an audio medium for us, and if everyone joins the club they could rail the tables direct.

We'll see what happens, with a little luck we'll have the TT update tomorrow

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 03:19 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Great news!

They cracked the whip and got the new TT completed and rolled out. I just tested it and it seems to be working fine.

See you all tomorrow. Happy Year Year!

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Count me in Dave, looking forward to it. Happy New Year!

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#15)
Im off to celebrate the New Year...I have registered, so see you tomorrow, but I 'm not exactly sure what to do!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#16)
Yay!

You know, I could've sworn for a few days that this was taking place at 15 minutes past midnight, my time (3:15am EST). I can see now that the Sunday Special is taking place at the regular time (a little under a day from now). I think playing 6+ hours of sit 'n go's every day is starting to fry my brain.

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#17)
P.S. What does "rail the table" mean?

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 04:19 PM
(#18)
It means opening a game you're not playing and watching the play from the sidelines (that's assuming you're not playing). If you're playing, then technically there's no need to rail.

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#19)
lol......thanks..

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 05:56 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
Sorry i didn't make this.. was way to drunk this morning.. forgot to unregister myself from the big 11 and another tourney this morning.. oh well was a great night totally worth it..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com