http://news.yahoo.com/gambling-gets-...223603445.html

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 03:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
It's a positive News for you and other US Players

Thanks for the info.

Hope you all able to play PSO Skill League.

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Mon Dec 26, 2011 at 04:00 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 07:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24 ***

That IS good news for us. Another step toward us getting back to playing online.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Can't say as I'm surprised by this,as I said from day one that as far as I could tell the DOJ's case was 50% bluster and another 50% Bull-hockey.

Kind of ironic that the pushing for the ability to sell tickets for state lotteries on-line (now THERE is a true suckers form of gambling if ever there was one) including the home state of the DA who originally introduced the case to begin with,is looking to be what led to the feds doing this walk-back to begin with.

Remember that the Wire Fraud Act is what the government was using to declare bank fraud against the sites to begin with (never mind of course that the banks involved are on the sites side in this argument,as are the players...so who,exactly,was a fraud perpetrated upon anyway?...) and that the perceived inability of engage in any financial transactions with it's American customers was the reason Stars and the other sites locked us out (the "legality" of on-line poker itself not being a subject that was directly broached in the indictments...),and we're basically back to where things were prior to Black Friday. If anything possibly a stronger position for the sites and the players even.

On the one hand I would think that Stars and the other sites would want some certitude in this dilemma before allowing us back on so that's still against us. But on the other hand I can also see this forcing the governments hand into moving more quickly to legalize on-line poker as the DOJ basically just punted the meat of their case and the pols have to consider that if the sites were to say "Hey,we're open for business again",the feds just basically said what they had to combat them legally is a steaming pile of horse dung.

But of course,as always,the main "blocker card" here is relying on our dumbphuck government to do the sensible thing. There's a better chance of seeing Phil Hellmuth say "Well played" to an opponent (and actually mean it...) than that happening,so we'll see.

Definitely a big step in the right direction though. Especially if Stars were to make the aggro play and call these ass-clowns bluff. They just turned over at least one of their cards after all.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BTW does anyone think it's a coincidence that the 2 states the article mentions as looking to begin selling lottery tickets on-line are New York (where the case was filed) and Illinois (the DOJ IS a Cabinet Department after all)?

Methinks Mr. Bharara may have been on the receiving end of some rather pointed phone calls as of late.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
So has anyone looked at the comments at the end of the story
Some are kind of funny

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Yooo mox. Words of wisdom as always. Great news for us. Hope to see you at a pokerstars table soon bruhh.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com