Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why?

Old
Why? - Mon Dec 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Why the eff is the bad beat threads posted here?

The community section that is,

IMO IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE ELSE,

cheers all......hiccup

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Because everyone has one?

Can't really disagree. I'd prefer it somewhere else, myself. I imagine the original intent of a bad beat forum was to keep people from posting them in the other forums.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
(#3)
Well l don't have them, l lose at times because its poker.

hiccup,

cheers all

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Just so long as the bad beats are relegated to the Bad Beat thread I'm not that overly concerned what section of the new Forum it lands in myself.

What cooks my grits personally is the proliferation of assumed "bad beats" in the Hand Analysis sections and then the responses to them as serious inquiries into mistakes made in the hand.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
lol, that's probably mostly JWK. I try and ignore those ones, but I've actually found it a bit funny how he gives a serious response to literally every bad beat post that gets put in the HA forum, even if it doesn't have any other text, just a replay. Now that most of the analyzers are mods though, I think those bad beat post will just get moved a lot more.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#6)
Everyone really as bad beats have been getting posted in and responded to in the HA section since day one of it's existence. I've caught myself even responding in the past until I started to catch on that the posters invariably A: don't even know what a bad beat is and B: aren't looking for guidance and/or critical analysis in most of those cases but rather want to be told "there,there",given a cookie and sent on their merry,oblivious way.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
Mmmmmm COOKIES!!!!

Like Effsea said...it's Poker... nothing more, nothing less.

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#8)
l have nothing but respect for jwk,moxie,jdean,thelang,mc,brkn,etc.etc.ect.and so on,

l'm just saying l hate seeing it here....hiccup

and because l had never read it, thats just me,

cheers all

Old
Mon Dec 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#9)
Meh,gotta be honest eff I really,for me at least,don't see a section that I would rather see the bad beats in. And at least now it's a sub-forum section as well. Think about it this way,bad beats are a part of poker and they have a kind of communal "aw shucks" vibe to them from the community (provided the poster posts an actual bad beat at least,too often that is NOT the case...). In many ways they're the flip side of the coin of brags and achievements and in some cases a bad beat is sort of an achievement unto itself. So for my 2 cents I'm kind of OK with them here. ANYTHING to keep them away from any analysis section.

And yeah it IS poker,but bad beats ARE a part of poker. And we all take and give them. The difference is in knowing that for the long term aspect of your game you should be happier to be on the receiving end of a bad beat than on the giving end of one. I know that's something you understand eff,as it's something you helped me to re-learn here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com