Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

10K 27 player PokerNews League Freeroll

Old
10K 27 player PokerNews League Freeroll - Mon Dec 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2008
Hi, this hand was at the start of the tournament, it was 27 players where 18 got paid. 3k for 1st, 120 for 10-18.

No data on the players.

Since it took 10 weeks of tournament to qualify for this i believe all players are at least average.

My question is if i should just fold on the river, or his range could still alow me to make the call ?

Last edited by AJEI; Mon Dec 26, 2011 at 10:28 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to hand analysis forum since member has ?'s about the hand JWK24

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 27, 2011, 07:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: opp std raises from mid position, you've got a pkt pair in BB, so no problems seeing their raise.

flop: you get a bottom full house. You can check/raise, but I like leading out here. That way, the opp won't get a free card if they check behind. You got lucky and they bet so that you could raise. Them calling the raise puts their range on an overpair or Jx.

turn: I like the lead value bet here. The opp's most likely got a J, so make them pay to draw at a larger full house. The opp calling it really narrows thier range to Jx.

river: sick, sick card putting a 2nd hand on the board. The opp's range basically is Jx here, so there is basically nothing that you can beat. I like the check here, but when the opp makes a value bet (which they should do with the largest full house available, you need to be folding and saving your chips for a better situation.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com