Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Changes to Rake and VIP Program

Old
Changes to Rake and VIP Program - Wed Dec 28, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
effective 01.01.2012

does anyone have an opinion as to any possible effects to actual play on stars?

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
have they announced the changes yet?

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#3)
yes,
on 2p2

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...012-a-1145272/

Last edited by Django66; Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 12:15 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:15 PM
(#4)
uh oh did they go with the weight based vpp system as speculated? That would blow

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:25 PM
(#5)
I don't like it at all. They can word it all nice, but it is just a money grab shafting the players a bit more this year. Oh well, to be expected with Black Friday

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#6)
i'm undecided yet, i'm playing to win the pot, rake always has been a secondary consideration.

if this gets rid of a few china-bots it could be a good thing, not sure yet.

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 01:17 PM
(#7)
** Moved **

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Looks like cash game grinders are taking a rakeback hit, and a rake hit. That's rough. Glad I'm an SNG player.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 08:54 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
effective 01.01.2012

does anyone have an opinion as to any possible effects to actual play on stars?
Hey, Djang - I started a similar thread - Contributed Rakeback.

I play micro stakes cash games to get my VPP each month for PSO. TAG style will make it practically impossible to earn the needed VPP.

So - my opinion - Stars just shafted me and all the other PSOers who learned to play TAG and are applying their skills in the PSO leagues.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 09:28 AM
(#10)
Yep, the only way I could possibly get my 150 per month was through cash games. I am thoroughly shafted now, and have to play SnGs only to get VPPs.

Why does Pokerstars want to screw over their loyal players? Why do they reward the loose donkeys even more now?

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think this is something they're doing to be proactive for the return of the US market.
The law in congress is going to have to have the players pay taxes on their winnings and the gaming companies pay taxes on the rake. By seperating this out, they will be able to calculate very easily exactly how much rake they got from each US player. That way, they will know how much PS will have to pay in taxes.... as they'll only have to pay the US gov't for what the US players' rake is.

Guess I'm out of luck for getting the 150VPP's for the league, etc. when we're back playing, as I know I'm not going to change from TAG to LAG to get the vpp's... I want the bottom line positive and the vpp's are an afterthought. I was getting 70-120 per month, with the new setup, I'll be lucky to get 20-50.. and might not even get 20.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I want the bottom line positive and the vpp's are an afterthought..

exactly, imo there is quite an overreaction going on.

the whole thing looks to me like a small price increase disguised as a small price reduction with the reduction reversed due to popular demand ;-(.

however, i don't think most players were even going to notice the difference had they not been told.

tbh i don't care if a supernova has 5k more or less rakeback now, noone is going to leave anyway, there's just no other site around that's even close and hopefully the tables get a little looser now.

bad handling of the whole thing by pokerstars, though, very bad pr which could have been avoided.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkstwin View Post
I play micro stakes cash games to get my VPP each month for PSO. TAG style will make it practically impossible to earn the needed VPP.
did you actually do the maths there?

how did you work that out?

not saying it's not so but i couldn't say that for myself even if i were to crunch numbers for hours.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 05:29 PM
(#14)
isn't the whole point of poker adjusting to different scenarios and make the best of them?

imo if it turns out to be too expensive poker/pokerstars will die,sort of self regulating but i don't think that'll be the case.

i will see if anything changes at the tables and try to adjust to keep improving and continue on my way to be a better, more profitable player.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:24 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
did you actually do the maths there?

how did you work that out?

not saying it's not so but i couldn't say that for myself even if i were to crunch numbers for hours.
Yes - I did the math. I could easily reach my 20+ VPP and be in position to make PSO League games worthwhile. Now, with a TAG style, I can see it taking much more playing time.

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 03:21 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Please continue this discussion in New Method For Awarding VPPs **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION"

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2010
**closed**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com