Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

99 shove with 7.5bb, profitable?

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 01:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I'm just lazy to read the hand history...

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Why are you suspicious of the 5x play?

The answer is villain / read dependent with 7.5 bb I'm happy to get 99 if i can jam first, but not if someone is showing strength in front of me.

Had the villain made it 5x before where they tight or loose had you seen any premium hands from them.

I think a shove with 99 and 7.5 bb can be profitable, but this does mean shove in all cases.

Grade b

ps the worst play of the hand is the limp fold by Andrei8152

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: added a ps

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#3)

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#4)
I assume this is the 90man Turbo?

Given your stack size in a turbo I think you need to go. Almost regardless of what you think your opponent is raising 5x with.

The raise from the big stack obviously commits him vs most of the shorter stacks around the table. But given his stack size he should be fairly comfortable commiting with a wide range.

I think you're flipping often enough against overcards and with the limper and blinds adding an extra 500 chips to the pot I think your equity is fine. You can also find yourself dominating smaller pairs here as well. You just got unlucky

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
It is a /45 player standard tourny and thanks for the info above is exactly what I want to know. Long term variance of my spot. Cheers.
OK, in a 45man regular speed. You have a bit more of a leeway for a fold if you have a very strong read on how the big stack is playing.

If he's playing a normal big stack bullish sort of game then the push is still fine I think.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd be much happier open shoving 99 here than playing against an opp that open-raised to 5BB. With another player making that large of a raise, I'm mucking them and looking for a better hand to get my chips into.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com