Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Have I officially lost my mind?

Old
Have I officially lost my mind? - Wed Dec 28, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Okay this is going to be weird to admit that I do this but here goes it.

When playing on tables with other players who consistently like stuffing their whole cards down my throat after every hand, I have acquired from my wife a few of those yellow sticky notes to place over the players whole cards on my screen.

Is there an option to block them from showing their whole cards? because if there is I can not for the life of me find it.

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Nope... But You can cover your hole cards If you wish ... options/table display options/ cover hole cards. And by putting your curser ovef your cards you can still see them if you wish to. This will get you better at positional plays and situational plays. I know its helped mine. But as far as the other, masking tape will have to do I think..

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
I'm not officially able to say yes, you have lost your mind - but it certainly looks that way.

INFORMATION

you need it - they are giving you it. Take advantage.

If you find it is tiliting you then that is a different problem you need to work on.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I'm not officially able to say yes, you have lost your mind - but it certainly looks that way.

INFORMATION

If you find it is tiliting you then that is a different problem you need to work on.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
My wife will most definitely agree with you on the "certainly looks that way" when she finally seen what I wanted to use the sticky notes for.

Players who consistently show their cards in uncontested pots drives me completely bonkers, I understand why they do this, and I will be the first to admit that it is working magnificently. I just don't understand why there isn't an option to block them from showing me their whole cards every fricking hand.

From what I can figure players will do this to build a certain reputation as a loose player and to keep you guessing if they do really have a good hand or not?, playing players like that is very frustrating to say the least and drives me bonkers, hence the use of sticky notes to alleviate this from happening when seated with such players that consistently do this.

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
close your eyes, and count to 5

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
One, two, three..... Oh wait! you didn't mean me did you..

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 03:37 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
close your eyes, and count to 5
I have tried that.

But I always PEEK

I guess it's sticky notes from here on out until i can somehow not go bonkers when people do this.

I know,I know, I have issues, my wife tells me this everyday when she comes in here and i have a stupid smirk on my face and post-it notes stuck to our monitor

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
INFORMATION

+ a gazillion

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com