Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQ vs 45 (tears.)

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
You stacked off on the flop with one pair and an SPR of about 5. What hands do you really think he's jamming here? Look at his limp/calling range. While most of it misses this flop or at least doesn't hit super hard, a lot of it is now a set, two pair, straight, overs+flush draw, pair+flush draw, and you look pretty terrible against that range. Would he do this with his 88-JJ?

Against a really wide range of : JJ,TT,99,88,77,66,33,54s,54o,76o,76s,KdAd,QdAd,JdA d,TdAd,9dAd,8dAd,QdKd,JdKd,TdKd,9dKd,8dKd,JdQd,TdQ d,9dQd,8dQd,TdJd,9dJd,8dJd,9dTd,8dTd,8d9d,7dAd,7dK d,7dQd,7dJd,7dTd,7d9d,7d8d

I get you having only 45% equity here. This is enough to call if his range really is this wide. If we take out those overpairs 88-TT (but keep JJ), you drop to 36% equity. And if we start removing those semi-bluffy flips you're in terrible shape. So yeah, I'm folding here.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 05:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: you could raise a little more (my std is 3BB +1BB for each limper). With 2 limpers here, I'd raise to 150.

flop: I like your lead bet here. When the opp shoves over you, we need to look at their previous actions (limp/call). Players will normally limp/call with small pocket pairs or small/mid suited connectors. This flop could easily have given the opp a set or a flush draw, or an outside chance at a straight draw or made straight. They also could have 2 pair.
When the opp shoves here, we can beat a bit of their range, but much of it crushes QQ. You really need to fold this hand here and try to find a situation where you know you're ahead.
It's too early to risk it here.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com