Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

A6o v's 78hh lag villain fish 100%

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
LAG? Where?

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
LAG? where? you did all the betting/raising, except for a min bet.
Between all the opps, they did nothing in the hand other than min bet or call. That's not a LAG, that's a loose/passive (calling station).
A LAG would be betting/raising every chance that they get to. Between all of them, they never raised once.

preflop: checking to see a flop with ace/rag is the correct play.

flop: you get top pair (but with bigtime kicker problems) and there is also a flush draw possible. One of the stations leads out (which normally means they hit something or have a big draw). You raised the size of the pot..... which is a good thing and the correct move.
Both opps call this, which is not a good thing, because they could easily have you outkicked or a flush draw.

turn: puts a 2nd flush draw out there. I absolutely HATE the shove here. You have absolutely no clue as to whether you're ahead or not and you do not want to be putting all your chips in unless you know you have the best hand. As big as the pot already is, I'm checking here, as a value bet would be a shove and I don't want the rest going in without knowing I've got the best hand.

river: heart that completes a flush. This is DEFINITELY in the opp's range, as they'd limp pre with any 2 suited cards. check/fold for me here. You're beat by both a flush or an A with a better kicker, let alone a set, 2 pair, etc.

Even if you get out of the hand on the turn or river, you've still got almost 20BB left, which is a very playable stack.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com