Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Goodbye "Diamond Joe"...

Old
Goodbye "Diamond Joe"... - Wed Dec 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
2005 WSOP ME Champ "Diamond Joe" Hachem parted ways with Stars on Friday as his Stars contract had expired, this is the 5th PS Star to part ways with the company since "Black Friday". He Joins the likes of Dennis Phillips, The Fossilman Greg Raymer, Tom McEvoy, and JP Kelly.

My Only question is> as I'm 1/4 Aussie, I'm left with no Aussie to cheer for.

Okay, I won't type in a famous George Jones line here, but I wonder whos going to continue the tracks here built by Joe, for the aussies.

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 12:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
2005 WSOP ME Champ "Diamond Joe" Hachem parted ways with Stars on Friday as his Stars contract had expired, this is the 5th PS Star to part ways with the company since "Black Friday". He Joins the likes of Dennis Phillips, The Fossilman Greg Raymer, Tom McEvoy, and JP Kelly.

My Only question is> as I'm 1/4 Aussie, I'm left with no Aussie to cheer for.

Okay, I won't type in a famous George Jones line here, but I wonder whos going to continue the tracks here built by Joe, for the aussies.

Can't think of any off the top of my head, guess you will just have to go on an uber poker run and represent!

Looking at the pro list now and don't even see a team online member from aus, you would think they would throw you a bone there at least.

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Thu Dec 29, 2011 at 12:53 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wow, what happened to Kieran Harris? (kman)

His video's really good - where the big blind kept 3betting him, and rather than back down, he went and raised from the button on the next round with 36o or whatever and picked up the blinds uncontested. That was an eye-opener for me about the importance of position

He also had this good tip about mimicking the play of others. Like if a person likes to check-raise, then if you check-raise, then they're more likely to believe you have something really good, even if you don't because people tend to think that people play like themselves or something like that ... I'm kind of paraphrasing there ... hopefully something didn't get lost in translation there

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 01:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
I am available if the price is right!

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Read somewhere he might be wanting to stop travelling so much and enjoy his family.
If its not that then it could be a handful of things.

A.) Other site offered better deal,my guess is a site with 3 numbers
B.) Australia cracking down on online equals no longer needed
C.)Stars has been cutting a lot of the Pros this year and tightening the sponserships

All around its bad for poker to see these guys getting offed one by one.
Message is clear that your just a temporary cog till the next guy.

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 05:02 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Given the thread title, I'm just glad they're not all dead.

But yeah, bit of a harsh beat for Stars. I hope they don't keep losing pros.

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 09:04 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Given the thread title, I'm just glad they're not all dead.

But yeah, bit of a harsh beat for Stars. I hope they don't keep losing pros.

lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com