Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Spacegravy Videos

Old
Spacegravy Videos - Thu Dec 29, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I have just watched the first part of his Sit n Go series, and I am looking forward to the next two instalments. It is interesting that his starting hand requirements are quite different to those outlined in the PSO course. Also of note is that he doesn't advocate playing any type of connectors apart from big aces. It is a shame that he doesn't even talk about these hands however. It would be nice to hear why he would limp with twos in mid position at the first blind level and not with ten nine suited for example. Still it was a very good watch.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
22 beats all over over cards and 9 T is crushed by J 2 off suit

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#3)
Actually, it's because setmining is so profitable. And suited connectors are really just low cards that will almost never give you a nut hand, mostly just draws and weak pairs.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
If you watch spacegravy videos and then play s+g's and begin to ask your self what would spacegravy
do in this spot and then act accordingly then your ITM should reach 18% or so
which should insure a profit

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#5)
I want my desktop to look like that.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#6)
22 may well be ahead of 10/9s pre but we are almost always folding 22 on the flop to any aggression when it is actually ahead, unless we have hit our set. We may be playing 10/9s when when we are behind on the flop but we will normally have a strong draw at least.

Anyway I am not saying Spacegravy is wrong and we should be playing 10/9s and not 22, I just thought it was interesting that he didn't even mention suited connectors at all in his video, even to explain why they should not be in our range.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#7)
Just watched the second video, Very interesting stuff. It was eye opening to think of shove/folding with circa 10bigs in terms of the effective stack and not just my own stack.

Also I think my shove range from mid position might be a bit loose, and from the SB I might be playing too weak. For some reason I tend to complete too much as the stacks shorten with marginal hands from the SB, which is just throwing a hell of a lot of my equity (i.e. fold equity) out of the window.

Great series so far, looking forward to the final instalment.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 12:35 PM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2011
Im really enjoying them also but

when are the others going to be realeased please?

I look fo r them everyday as he is a pokergod in my eyes

Not sure where to ask so found here

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Im really enjoying them also but

when are the others going to be realeased please?

I look fo r them everyday as he is a pokergod in my eyes

Not sure where to ask so found here
Hello Rolo, and everyone!

At the current time, the 3 part Series by Space Gravy is available under the "Video" tab at the top of the PSO home page. (see link here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Poker-Videos )

The schedule for upcoming videos is not yet determined, but look for some new stuff in the up coming months! Until then, there are the live training session that are a great thing for you to attend!

Thanks!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 06:01 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 06, 2012, 09:58 AM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi JD and everyone

Thank you.....@the end or towards th eend of part 3 Grayson says he will (and thisis from my badmemory as i watched it long time ago when t first came out)..there would be at least 2 more i think he said bubble and In The money so them 2 still planned?

Cheers

rolo

Old
Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:06 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Rolo,

AFAIK they are, but we are not privvy to the PS Team Pro production agreements or schedule. You can rest assured though that once they are made available to publish on PSO they'll be up there.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com