Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

88 against russia

Old
Wink
88 against russia - Fri Dec 30, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
the tight table i am playing on had reached a stage of shoving and big bets so this russian dudes calls me because i have a small stack, when i see the flop i know i am ahead big time and i know he is playing any broadway any A and so on like most russians play so i shove.

as u see he trusts his pair of two's and sucks out with the flush

should i have shoved inmediatly or did i played this right and is this another perfect example of dumb luck???

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to appropriate forum since member wants the hand analyzed JWK24 ***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: like the raise and the size of it. std raise to help conceal the strength of your hand. called by the button that has position on you.

flop: three unders... about the best flop you can hope for that doesn't have an 8, rainbow too. You need to be leading out here and the bet size needs to price out any straight draws, which the size of your value shove does. You need to bet this and say for example the opp had an OESD, they have 8 outs and 2 draws, so 32% equity.... you need to bet more than this to make drawing at it (the best draw they could have on this board). In betting more than this, you won't have much left if you bet say 1/2 pot, so I like shoving here.
Yes, the opp could have a set or 2 pair and be ahead, but more likely, they have a board pair or 2 overs, which means you're ahead.

You got unlucky with the runner/runner hearts, but got your chips in with the best hand... which is all you can do.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com