Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hi I'm sort of new here

Old
Hi I'm sort of new here - Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Well I opened a Pokerstars account awhile ago when a few friends from the pub set up a private league but not many actually played so decided not to make a deposit.

Recently however after much pestering from my friends I have decided to have a dabble on stars.

Played a few tournaments now with a couple of cashes but nothing major yet.

I have been playing poker for about 5 years and built up a couple of bankrolls on other sites, so looking to build one on here hopefully.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Welcome to the forum Philfer! Awesome name and avatar, btw. Is a philfer like a pilferer? Or a thief named Phil? I'm taking wild guesses.

Anyway, someone will drop by pretty soon with some links to PSO resources for you to check out. I hope you enjoy your time here and get a lot out of the community!

Happy bankrolling.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:36 PM
(#3)
ty. yh it was meant to be pilfer but I can't multi-task and it ended up philfer.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
you are new here ... sigh
for gods sake man run for your life
quit before its too late
if you stay you will beat your kids cheat on your wife and lose your job
you will spiral down into a deep abyss of addiction
politicans in USA say 10 to 20 million poker addicts will rise up if poke r is legal in USA
run run run for your life
hmmmm
lets see if we add up all the major sites worldwide on any given day you are lucky to get
oh say 1 million players online daily of a population of 6 billion plus
all the world except USA
so obviously USA with a pop of 300 mill plus will add to pop of 6 billion plus to easily raise
online players 1000% if USA entered cuz USA are addicts
I mean just look at the coke thing
run run run for your life
other than that .
welcome aboard

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
hey that is a great avatar
me I'm just red cuz my head explodes a lot

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#6)
lol been playing poker 5 years so I am used to the drill lol played FT long ago so know on big sites you will get called by ATC and to be honest every1 says the same about other sites.

ty for the welcome

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome Chip.

Be sure to take advantage of the courses, live training sessions, the leagues and the hand analysis sections. They will help you learn and improve your game.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:11 PM
(#8)
ty jwk24, yh i will check it out when not on the virtual felt

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 01:09 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
go and win some money

HEP HEP

ONE TIME BIG TIME

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
(#10)
ty marvin, sure i will when i get to grips on this site and the way people play, seems more loose and aggressive compared to a site i have been playing at, so some adjustments to my game will be needed

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:53 PM
(#11)
Hey Chip, thanks for the intro and welcome to PSO and the forum!

There's lots of great people here so be sure to get involved in all the great tools offered here like Live Training, Hands Analysis, and the rest.

Be sure to let us know if you have any questions after looking through the tips JW provided.

Your avatar is some old cartoon isn't it? I can't remember which one, but I like it as well.

Take care and we'll see ya' around.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com