Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

OE 5 players all in already-open league

Old
OE 5 players all in already-open league - Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
im in the BB looking at the great action.

if this was my regular MTT I might call already 4+:1 is just to big to fold without seeing FD or Boat possible.

stay as long as possible or gamble?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Wow. This is an interesting spot. It's an easy shove spot in a cash game, STT, or MTT, but the Skill League may be the only game where this is a fold.

I think it's a shove, just because you're probably set to make a deep run if you win, which you should at least a quarter of the time, but I might be wrong. I think we need a points system expert.

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
cash tourney, no problem with the way you played preflop.
Skill league, I'm mucking it right then, not even completing.

flop:
cash tourney with OESD and that many chips in the middle, I'm calling. You have to put 11% into a pot that you have 32% equity in.
Skill league, instant fold... should have been mucked preflop. If you call and miss, you will be out early enough that it will normally take 2-4 ITM's just to get back to even (depending on your league ranking).

in the skill league tourneys, do NOT gamble unless you have QQ+ (and not even AK) or you have less than 2BB. The only thing that matters is to make it as far as you can in them taking as few risks as possible.
If it's not up to about 100/200 blinds, I normally won't even see a flop for anything but free from BB with less than AJs or pkt pair and even low/mid pairs are mucked unless in late position and can see the flop cheap.
These tourneys are totally different animals than any other tourney that you'll normally see online.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
right, i should have not completed my blind

to be able to escape this kind of situation

next time will not complete my SB- not to waste my .5B plus in here the BB add one more

but i opted to fold and stay as long as possible because this is the strategy for a league less gamble and be alive

good decision

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com