Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQsb all in, v bb

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 09:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
QQ is a premium hand and you want to get value from it.

You get a min-raise before you preflop. You want to raise enough that the opp will call. Since it's only you and the min-raiser, if it were me, I'd raise to 600 total (3X their bet). You want action here and don't want the opp to fold. If the opp comes over the top, then call, if not, then bet them in on the flop.

You got lucky here, because most opps won't call their stack with ace/rag... they certainly could push with it, but not call with it.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Villain is so short-stacked that any raise effectively puts them all in and they have no fold equity with their stack if they try to 4-bet shove. Shoving is fine as all of their valuey hands have to call, plus you keep monsters in your resteal-shove range, making it harder for people to call you later with their A9, 55, etc.. If his range is wider, calling is fine too as you keep his range wide and allow him to bluff his stack off postflop. But shoving is still probably best as you allow him to make all kinds of mistakes.

I really don't like trying to raise to 600 as if he's willing to call for 2/3 of his stack he's definitely willing to call for the whole thing...particularly since shoving looks weaker.

We are talking about shoving for 9 BBs after all.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com