Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

99 behind callers range, delayed (weak) cbet. (Appropriate play?)

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Thoughts, I... cannot win the pot on the flop. Not only am I behind on this flop but anything I bet is a waste of money so i take the free card. The turn improves my hands potential, so I take a little stab at the pot to fold mid and lo pockets. I intend to fold to anything he bets because I am solidly behind on this ugly board.
Please explain these statements, they don't make sense to me unless you could see his hole cards (which you can't).

Personally without reads (no reads are given) I would c-bet the flop for value. As played I like the delayed c-bet. Betting the river for value or checking down is quite opponent specific, without the villain reads I'd err on the side of caution and just check it down.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
You have a pair and a gutshot. How are you behind on that flop? Is his preflop calling range only TT+? No AK, AQ, etc.?

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Im jigjig

im' jigajagjigjig on all on your thoughts

im trying to evaluate but i can't

maybe im not up for this

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com