Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

ALL Friends of GEM56.Pls Read

Old
ALL Friends of GEM56.Pls Read - Tue Nov 12, 2002, 11:00 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
To All friends of Gem56,

Gem has recently injured herself and I am pretty sure she was hospitalized today because her condition has worsened. This is all in addition to her previous frail health conditions (she is on oxygen 24/7) and only leaves her house once a week to see a special doctor. This is also a woman who utterly despises doctors and especially hospitals. I was thinking that her presence at PSO has touched SO many or our lives with her optimisim and joy filled spirit.

It would be SOOOOoo nice if everyone who knows her could take a minute and send her a short "Get well soon etc." type of message that it would really lift her spirit when she checks her email upon her return. Gems's emain address is:
rusty@mountain.net

Thanks,
QuartzForce[/b]

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 11:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
WhiteStar
Thanks for the info, Quartz. Gem is a sweet lady, and I enjoy playing at the same table with her. She always brightens any table she is sitting at.

An e-card is definitely in her future!!

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 12:08 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
You betcha! Consider it done. In fact, it is done.

Bob

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 12:20 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Thanks for the info QF.

As you say Gem is a lovely lady and I'm sorry to hear she's not well. I'll contact her direct with best wishes.

Shoeless Joe

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 02:47 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Thank you, Quartz
Sending her an e-mail "card" now.
The word "negativity" does not seem to be in her vocabulary.
She and I can share the following Epictetus quote...
"My foot is slow, but my spirit is swift."
We are both on O2 24/7 and rarely able to leave the house.
That is why our friendships...and some darn fine poker... at the Poker School are quite important to us both.
Thanks for being such a great "bunch".

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 03:16 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
WOW..the longer I stick around here, the fonder I grow of you guys.
I was aware that Gem isn't well, but had no idea The Rose wasn't.

Sending an e-greeting to Gem, and a hug for The Rose...God bless you both..

NewJane

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 04:49 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Thankyou Quartz.....this place is more than just poker, I've sent an e-mail.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 06:30 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
thnx qf

Gem is a great lady...email on gem box by now

hope you get better 2 rose

spades 8)

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 07:58 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Thanks for the info force!!!

Gem is the nicest and sweetest person here at PSO and maybe the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 01:33 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Thanjs for the message and jut sent her an e-mail. she is a sweetie. mick16

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 01:50 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
QF,
Thank you for the notice about Gem. I agree with everyone about Gem's positive and uplifting atitude. She's made my day better many times by just a kind word and chuckle. Our prayers and thoughts are with her.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 01:57 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Quartzforce,
As promised i am forwarding my e-mail now.

THELATVIAN.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 06:38 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
I was wondering where she has been cause she is one of the AM crew and I have not seen her. I was worried knowing she has major medical problems, I thank you quartzy and I will send out an email immediately!!

The Rose please take care of yourself too!! You both are in my thoughts & prayers GOD BLESS...

saneigy :arrow:

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 07:49 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Thanks QF...getting off a note right now...Gem56 a jewel!!

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2002, 08:39 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
From the beginning, as I started playing on PSO I have always smiled when I found I was in a game with the PSO jewl......GEM56. She has had it rough as her health tries to get the best of her. As she verballly sends each and every one of us love and a smile, it reaches out and touches the hearts of us all. She is always is the first to greet the new players. Often she says we are her family.

Mark and Tina........you have done something here you might not have even known was going to happen. You have brought together the love, compassion and friendship of this subculture. Thank you both. And thank you Gem for being the person you are. Gods speed in your recovery.

Love to you....
The one and only,
RascallyRabbit

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2002, 08:55 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Well put Rabbit.....you have capture Gem's tru essence at the table.

Thanks you QF for this bit of Info I will be sending my love to Gem shortly.

Ru

Old
Freinds of Gem56 - Mon Nov 18, 2002, 06:48 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
The tears are welling up as I read the posts. I am so grateful to you for being there for me. Rose ..please get well soon. I am on the mend and look forward to playing again.
QF my wonderful friend .....thank you so much for all you do to make it better . And to all my family at pso I can't wait to get back. See you all soon and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Gem56

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com