Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Another One Bites the Dust - Better Communication in future please PokerStars

Old
Another One Bites the Dust - Better Communication in future please PokerStars - Sun Jan 01, 2012, 12:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Just got this in response to a query from PS Support:

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

Please note that the UKIPT daily tournaments ran from June 1st to December 31st, 2011 and unfortunately have come to an end. However, we will be offering more exciting promotions in the future, and advise you to keep checking our website for updates.

The regional UK&Ireland nightly tournaments that became UKIPT Div 1&2 last year were where I started my regular poker at Pokerstars before I knew about PSO Skill Leagues. Sad to see them go. I had heard not a single word of any upcoming changes. I hope PS are going to replace them with something along similar lines.

I understand they are having to restructure a lot of promotions and overall I have done very well from them. I also hate starting the year with a whinge so can I just ask that PokerStars give a bit more consideration to proper communication with their customers and forewarning of upcoming changes.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 05:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Thankyou Ed for letting us know this has pokerstars didnt let us know,so we have lost div 1 div 2 and the pso monthly with out any notification about any of them also the 150 vpps is harder for us not so well off mortals to achieve. quite sad really has i kind of feel like i got to know alot of people and gained friends in these tournaments which are no more so with out these im going to be playing sngs where i dont see regular people and it will be like when i first started playing in july (with strangers). with all these changes going on do you think ps could be in trouble and we are going to get some big announcement soon?. hope not. well good luck at the tables and hope to see you and the other great people i have been playing with since july.

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 08:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerAce68 View Post
Thankyou Ed for letting us know this has pokerstars didnt let us know,so we have lost div 1 div 2 and the pso monthly with out any notification about any of them also the 150 vpps is harder for us not so well off mortals to achieve. quite sad really has i kind of feel like i got to know alot of people and gained friends in these tournaments which are no more so with out these im going to be playing sngs where i dont see regular people and it will be like when i first started playing in july (with strangers). with all these changes going on do you think ps could be in trouble and we are going to get some big announcement soon?. hope not. well good luck at the tables and hope to see you and the other great people i have been playing with since july.
Now the lobby is showing the UKIPT Div1 & Div 2 Tourneys back in the Regional lobby for 02/01/2012

So it seems the communication I got by e-mail direct from PS Support was bunk.

I refer to my earlier comment about poor communication, and add that it seems that the support staff at PS perhaps need to be kept a little informed about what their company is actually doing.

Confusion like this leads to bad feeling amongst customers, which could easily be avoided.

I am very glad to see these are continuing.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 06:37 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
I know how u feel ED this same thing happened to the NZ&AUS Div 1-2 in July/August last year, that and NZ give away is how i started my bankroll, it was good to play against players in your own country/region. (I just thought it was way PS did it , PS World events it just moved to different region then cameback at same time the next year?)< IS THIS TRUE?
tournaments now just seams too be mish mash of just all country's (New world order/ globalization?) after August i was more aware of what the USA players be going through,
I'm grateful in, as I still can play poker(for money) here on PS not like USA players,
All Thee Best

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Mon Jan 02, 2012 at 07:01 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com