Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

is is ok not to cbet-sunday storm

Old
is is ok not to cbet-sunday storm - Sun Jan 01, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
because im short i dont want to waste anymore chips because if i got called i need to give up anyway

just saving my chips for steal/resteal

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
preflop: std open raise and the raise amount helps to conceal your hand. However, since you only have 12.5 BB left, it's perfectly fine to be open-shoving here too.

flop: total airball. If you c-bet here, you really need to be shoving. If you check and the opp bets and you fold, you still have basically 10BB left and then, I'd be looking to find a hand to shove with.

I think the best plays here are to either open shove, or play it the way you did and shove the next hand that you get, since you'll have 10BB.
If you std raise, then shove any flop, I think you're much better off shoving preflop, so the opp can't see if the 3 cards on the flop hits their hand.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
isn't this like the 1 u posted before? like our trainer chris had mention the pot is 690 so it was like the blind is 230/460. so u can treat it like u had less then 10BB.

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 09:29 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldraco View Post
isn't this like the 1 u posted before? like our trainer chris had mention the pot is 690 so it was like the blind is 230/460. so u can treat it like u had less then 10BB.
this is just today

i can't understand 230/460 blind?

can you elaborate?

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 09:22 AM
(#5)
with the added ante the pot is 690. with a blind level of 230/460 the pot size is also 690. if you see it this way, your start 3811 is less then 10x of 460.

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#6)
actually after this reply and going through other player hand review i went back and read den harrington book2. The 1st time i read it, i didn't understand why did he want to introduce the concept of M. isn't it more easier and simple to measure the stack in BB? Now i think i'm starting to understand a bit more.

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 11:19 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
actually after this reply and going through other player hand review i went back and read den harrington book2. The 1st time i read it, i didn't understand why did he want to introduce the concept of M. isn't it more easier and simple to measure the stack in BB? Now i think i'm starting to understand a bit more.
what M stands for?

the Premiere League will be tougher as you been promoted there this month.

Good luck and see you at the table.

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#8)
Quote:
with the added ante the pot is 690. with a blind level of 230/460 the pot size is also 690. if you see it this way, your start 3811 is less then 10x of 460.
maybe i'll try to count it this way the next time

tnx

and congratulations, that's why I believe you in your concept you have proof

job well done

Old
I agree with Keldraco and JWK24 - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
what M stands for?

the Premiere League will be tougher as you been promoted there this month.

Good luck and see you at the table.
M=cost/round. M=big blind + small blind + #antes per round.
Learning this system recently has improved my luck at the table (er, computer.)

I am a total newbie so the following opinion should be viewed as the cheapest thing in poker.

As for the hand that was played, the problem is the early position. Knowing that Marvinsytan's M=5.5, I definitely would have shoved it all-in with AJo pre-flop. However, if I was certain that the button was a villain who almost always raised in position, I would limp instead and re-steal all-in if the players in the blinds folded to his raise. With an expected value for AJo, EV=0.19, this should play well against most hands in his range if he calls, but he will most likely fold. I guess re-stealing should be done reluctantly, but it is a sharp arrow to have in one's quiver if you are almost at the end of your game. I try to save it for the final table. If one of blinds called his raise then I would probably fold, losing 1BB instead of 3BB. That would be the expense of acquiring knowledge of other peoples hands when trying to play in early position. If there was no raise, I would check the flop, and fold to any bet. It is probably best just to shove straight away.

ps. I am sure that Keldraco will do well in the big leagues.

Cheers!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com