Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

EPC Poker Leagues - Week 9

Old
EPC Poker Leagues - Week 9 - Mon Jan 02, 2012, 10:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar

***The Season IV Team Play Sign Up has been posted at the web site***
www.epcpokerleagues.yolasite.com

Season III - Week 9

Happy New Year everyone. We're getting down to the nitty gritty now folks. One week left (plus 3 tournaments to make up after week 10, which could make it very interesting) and nothing has been clinched yet, well other than the Friday Night PL League Champion, which has been dominated by SPOILER64. He has cashed 7 of 9 tournaments in that league...beyond impressive. Equally impressive has been the play of EPC rookies tommydoo and easydeuce747, who are in a dead heat for Rookie Of the Year. I don't have the standings in front of me—Ok there aren't any standings, it gets tabulated at the end of the season, just like League MVP—but I do believe tommy might have the slightest of leads in this one. It's definitely a two man race now though, good luck to both the rest of the way. We've had quite a few impressive showings this season actually, about which I will undoubtedly go into much detail after we wrap things up. Some of the feats a few players are accomplishing in EPC are quite remarkable...I don't think a lot of people truly realize or appreciate how much. I fully plan on trying my level best to change that in the very near future, but in the spirit of the Christmas that just passed, for now we'll focus on the present...

Team Standings

No, Alpha hasn't clinched the Season III championship yet, but I hear the fat lady is warming up. I personally haven't heard her, but I heard that others have heard from people that have heard her (holy tongue twister). Regardless of what has been heard, Alpha has definitely put the pressure on after scoring 1,072 points in Week 9 to push their lead over 2nd place Generation X to 1,482 pts with 10 tournaments left to play. A huge deficit to overcome for sure, but these league tournaments are tough, and nothing is guaranteed. The Xers need to put together a good run of final tables, which they are more than capable of doing, and also hope Alpha falters a bit during the coming week. Good luck to both teams. The race for 3rd place and the title of "Best Team Other Than Alpha or Gen X", has tightened up considerably, with less than 650 points separating four teams. The Solvent Puberties are still in 3rd, but just barely after having a rough week. The 4th place BADazzBEARS are just 34 points behind the pubes, and 5th place Pags To Riches are 247 back. The 6th place Cheeky Monkeys climbed back into the chase for 3rd, after nearly falling out of it with a couple off weeks, by coming in 2nd for Week 9 with 667 points. The monkeys are just 644 pts out of 3rd now, great job. And the Chip Chargers keep chip charging along, having fun and grabbing points despite being out of contention for a few weeks now, scoring a nifty 577 pts for the week. Great job everyone, good luck the rest of the way.

Player of the Week

LBM&T had another awesome week, landing 3 final tables with scores of 3rd, 4th and 8th, to net 251 pts and win Player of the Week honors for the second time in Season III, joining Dirty Rook and Jr_RLC as the only players to win it more than once in a season. Outstanding. Cheeky Monkey co-cappy JellyBaby10 led the way in the teams push for 3rd, scoring 215 pts behind a win and a 6th place finish. Way to woot em. Alpha captain alamoterror did his part for the team's championship aspirations by getting two final tables of his own (2nd, 6th) to score 192 points. Rookie nicedreams4 has been on fire for a few weeks now and continued to burn up the tables in Week 9, getting a couple final tables, including a win, and just missing a third ft with an 11th place finish, finishing the week with 185 pts. Very impressive. By the way, that hat you won in the Two For Tuesday Turbo is due to go out any day now. You'll get an email the day it is shipped. Cheeky Monkey Hotgams44 woot wooted herself a pair of top 5's, and also a nice 14th place finish, on her way to scoring 182 points, well done. And an honorable mention for SPOILER64, who has kept the pedal to the metal for months now and shows no sign of running out of gas as he had yet another strong week, scoring 181 pts for the Alpha cause. Terrific work playahs, multiple final tables in one week is no easy feat, even if a few of ya make it seem so.

League Scoring Leaders
LBM&T's powerful week enabled him to get a little breathing room in the race for the league scoring title, raising his total for the season to 1,415 and pushing his lead to 177 pts over Dirty Rook, who has 1,238 pts. It's still all Alpha in the top 4, with SPOILER64 in 3rd with 1,155 and tommydoo in 4th with 1,070. Chip Charger Jr_RLC holds the 5th spot with 1,043 pts. With 3 extra games to play after Week 10, someone outside the top 2 could possibly pull off the upset but it will take a record breaking effort. Still possible though, good luck!

EPC Top Gun
Dirty Rook and LBM&T are neck and neck here as well, with Rook holding the edge in this one with a league leading low avg of 3.56. LBM&T has a Top Gun avg of 4.89, which translates to a 12 point deficit. This means if his lowest score is more than 12 spots lower than Rooks lowest score he will take the lead. Not much of a deficit, but it also means that if Dirty Rook scores lower than a 13 he clinches the Top Gun title. But again, we have the 3 make up games, which throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the standings and could end up making it that much more interesting, depending on how the week plays out. Either way, the pressure is on. Possibly playing the spoiler is, who else, SPOILER64, as he is right there in the mix as well with an avg of 5.11, 14 pts back. tommydoo (6.22/24pts) and Jr_RLC (6.78/29pts) are still in contention but will need some help in the way of 3 really strong players all having uncharacteristically bad weeks. It's not something I see happening, but it's possible. Good luck to all the players.

Wins & Final Tables
75 diamonds and Jr_RLC, each with 3 wins, are still the only players out of the over 1,500 in EPC Poker Leagues that have more than 2 wins in league play this season. These are indeed tough tournaments to close the deal on. As a matter of fact we only have 8 players total with multiple wins, as aamin10, Dirty Rook, easydeuce747, KISHKUTENA, Mithrall and SPOILER64, all with 2 wins, are the only others with more than 1. It makes sense that the league scoring leaders also lead the final table standings as that is where the points are (this will be changing a bit in Season IV), and thus league scoring leader LBM&T tops the final table count with 15, followed by Dirty Rook with 13. Jr_RLC, SPOILER64 and tommydoo are tied for 3rd with 12 final tables each. Great work everyone.

League Champs
Other than Friday Night PL, all of these races are wide open, with leads ranging from around 60 pts down to just a couple. Congrats to LBMT&T who got his 7th cash in Tuesday Night PL, joining SPOILER64 as the only players to achieve that feat this season. They both have one more chance to set a new standard in league play of cashing 8 times in one series. Once again I remind the players that the top 10 in each leagues final standings will win entry into a new special event coming to EPC for Season IV. Good luck.

Week 9 League Tournament Winners
Monday PL - SPOILER64
Monday Night PL - nicedreams4
Tuesday Night PL - KISHKUTENA
Wednesday PL - Rescheduled due to game client error
Thursday Night PL - LeeSib
Friday Night PL - John82wa
Saturday PL - JellyBaby10

Thanks for playing....it's fun

Tony T
01/01/12

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com