Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

is it ok to call a raise then float then fold-$3.5R 180man sng

Old
is it ok to call a raise then float then fold-$3.5R 180man sng - Tue Jan 03, 2012, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
opp doesn't seem to play much

the time he played i saw AA

so i got a little bit tentative about my hand

PRE - I flat for set mining at the same time. I don't want to 3bet because I'm not ready to go all in if he jams. I think I have enough chips to let go of my TT if he continued aggression.

postflop - I have OP I don't know but I'm not that confident with my hand, he continued to bet so I float and look if he will continue. Still i don't like to 3bet because I'm not ready to bust out with TT against my opp

turn - he keeps betting i give up

Am I too tight against tight opp

or i should have just 3bet/fold PRE just to make sure if im ahead or not

or at the post flop 3bet/fold

what is the best?

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 07:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I think you played this hand perfectly. He's probably not firing multiple barrels with worse than your hand.

Quote:
or at the post flop 3bet/fold
You can't 3-bet. You can only raise, call or fold. If you raise and he reraises that's a 3-bet.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 07:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think you played this one pretty good too. The way the opp bet, they probably have AK, KQs, set, or higher pkt pair than you.

If they had a mid pair, they should have slowed down when the K hit, because a K is definitely in your range too (you didn't have one, but the opp doesn't know that).

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 08:43 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
I think you played this hand perfectly. He's probably not firing multiple barrels with worse than your hand.

You can't 3-bet. You can only raise, call or fold. If you raise and he reraises that's a 3-bet.
PRE - what i mean about 3bet is because he's raising I will 3bet him then if he 4bet shoves i will fold

Post flop - he bets again I want to 3bet him because i have OP then fold if he 4bet shoves

Turn - if I 3bet will not reach at this point

is this play - +EV so that I'm sure if he's strong or just believe in my read and play safely

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 09:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
Post flop - he bets again I want to 3bet him because i have OP then fold if he 4bet shoves
You mean you want to raise and then fold to a 3-bet shove? I'm talking about definitions, not EV.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 01:32 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
You mean you want to raise and then fold to a 3-bet shove? I'm talking about definitions, not EV.
No, I'm in position here.

he's the one raising first so my question is

PRE - UTG raise first I 3bet then fold to 4bet shove

or just call PRE then postflop he bet first I 3bet but fold to 4bet shove

so that I'll have a little bit of info that I'm really beat

but is it ok to 3bet/fold just curious?

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 12:09 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
what is he saying is if he bets and you raise, that is not a 3 bet. Its just a raise.
if he bets and you raise, and he reraises you, THAT is a 3 bet.
The reason it isnt like that preflop is the blind is concidered the first bet . So ya know

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 02:21 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
what is he saying is if he bets and you raise, that is not a 3 bet. Its just a raise.
if he bets and you raise, and he reraises you, THAT is a 3 bet.
The reason it isnt like that preflop is the blind is concidered the first bet . So ya know
thank you for clarrifyng that

i just learned this

1bet 2bet before 3bet yes I know I'm so stupid but not now I learned my lesson

im not stupid anymore

thank you for correcting my mistake. appreciate it

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Not stupid at all marvin. Just uninformed. Ignorance can be learned away, stupid is forever..

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Not stupid at all marvin. Just uninformed. Ignorance can be learned away, stupid is forever..
well said

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com