Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

HoldemManager 2

Old
Question
HoldemManager 2 - Wed Jan 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Just installed the trial for HM2, and I've been looking all over for the HUD options. I can see plenty of them, specifically on what to display and how, but not on where. Right now it looks like this, and if I can't see stack sizes, it's gonna be hard to play.... Is there any way to move the info elsewhere?

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
right click and drag them around, then click the little hem2 icon and click save as.... I have pt3 but its similar

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I don't know about HM2 but on HM you just drag. it stays w/o having to save anything.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#4)
Doh. Had not considered the right click.

Something else though: it seems that the HUD kleeps track of players, and if someone joins your table that was on a table with you before, it continues tracking him, it doesn't start over.
Odd thing is - it starts over for me everytime I change tables. That's weird, since right now I have stats on 102 hands for player 1, and only 6 for myself... Is that an option too?

PS: Just holler RTFM if it applies, but I don't see this...

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#5)
What its doing is telling you the stats your opponents have on you for that session. (unless you've played with them b4 of course) AND they also have a hud.. Most people dont

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
(#6)
AND assuming I';ve never played with them of course. If I played with a player before, but only 5 hands at this table, it'll show me the 5 hands for me, but those get added to however many hands he had on me already. Correct?

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 01:16 PM
(#7)
Eeeeyup! And visa versa

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I'm trialling this myself this month.

First thing that troubles me is how to avoid including the data from the Open League games, as this will severely distort the figures. I initially closed HM2 (not ideal) while I was playing these, but as I save the hands to disc I imagine that the next time I open HM2 they'll be imported anyway. So do I also have to stop saving hands locally whilst I play the league in order to ensure they aren't included ?

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 02:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rsight View Post
AND assuming I';ve never played with them of course. If I played with a player before, but only 5 hands at this table, it'll show me the 5 hands for me, but those get added to however many hands he had on me already. Correct?
Double click their box to filter their stats for the present session.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 02:58 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I'm trialling this myself this month.

First thing that troubles me is how to avoid including the data from the Open League games, as this will severely distort the figures. I initially closed HM2 (not ideal) while I was playing these, but as I save the hands to disc I imagine that the next time I open HM2 they'll be imported anyway. So do I also have to stop saving hands locally whilst I play the league in order to ensure they aren't included ?
Just don't import while you play and then delete the league games from the import folder before you play a real money sesh.

I imagine you can also filter out freeroll stats somehow, but you'd need to check the HEM forums for that one.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I imagine you can also filter out freeroll stats somehow, but you'd need to check the HEM forums for that one.
That's the second thing that troubles me. Why no user manual? Unless I'm missing something it appears to assume that you already have a basic knowledge of the product.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 03:15 PM
(#12)
Quote:
That's the second thing that troubles me. Why no user manual? Unless I'm missing something it appears to assume that you already have a basic knowledge of the product.
Damn fine question. Would be cool to get a lil book or something for your 100 bucks . No? There probably is a downloadable manual but im not sure

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
(#13)
I think it would be cool to have some generic threads for general HEM/PT3 questions. I'm going to try one or the other soon and I'm pretty sure I will have plenty of questions.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:45 PM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
**moved**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 03:23 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I feel like I'm gonna list a problem a day with this thing.

I played a 27 man SNG this morning. Under "reports" the game is shown as an 18 man SNG with 13 players.

Ha. Roll on February 1st. Looking forward to trialling PT3.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 06:46 AM
(#16)
I can't even get my hand histories to load. Stars sent me a bunch on request but HEM2 is not importing them. Awaiting a 2nd email from HEM support.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 12:19 AM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
from what i remember u have an option to display the results for a specific buy in so if i m right just select the 0.1 limit so that should work. not sure but worth to try !

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
17 days into my trial and if anything my attitude is hardening. If you're currently running HM1, stick with it. Because this crock of **** isn't worth a dime.

Any other HM2 users out there coming to the same conclusion ?

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I did not like it myself... prefered PT3, HEM would lock up my computer

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
(#20)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
I feel like I'm gonna list a problem a day with this thing.

I played a 27 man SNG this morning. Under "reports" the game is shown as an 18 man SNG with 13 players.

Ha. Roll on February 1st. Looking forward to trialling PT3.
You have to save your tourney summaries (via the pokerstars client) and add the folder in HEM2.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...er+Stars+Setup

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com