Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Satellite tournaments

Old
Satellite tournaments - Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hello,

I am not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask but it seems the best option.

Well anyway, I just played a $2,20 Satellite for the Sunday storm and won a ticket. But I wondered, are these satellites also counted for your poker statistics? Like ROI, ITM etc.

Normally I wouldn't care too much about it but since a week or two I decided to really put more time in poker and get my statistics up, since they are pretty awful right now.

So if anyone would be able to answer my question I would be really thankful.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Tamoage,

I can only speak for Official Poker Rankings as this is the only Stat site I use.

Here is some text from their website which I hope will answer your question.

-

Tracking >99% of all scheduled Multi Table Tournaments (MTT) with regular cash-prizes and at least 10 entries.
Included are regular scheduled qualifiers/satellites with at least 20 entries.
We do not track the tournaments, steps and satellites you only find in the PokerStars lobby below the "Events" tab. (Exceptions to this is when the tournament also is available in the main "Tourney" tab (regular/satellite) lobby)
Tracking >98% of all regular Sit and Go tournaments with at least 28 entries
Tracking >98% of all regular Sit and Go satellites with at least 28 entries
www.pokerstars.com

-

Here's a link!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Taomage, you're in the correct place and it's a very good question.

They absolutely are necessary for ROI and any other stat. You invested money into the tourney ($2.20) and have a return on your money from the tourney ($11 or $0). If you get the ticket, it counts as being ITM for the tourney, if you do not, then it will count as not being ITM.

As long as the tourney has at least 28 players, then OPR should also track it. I know this one for sure, as I played a few of those tourneys before black friday and they all showed up for me on OPR. I would have played more of them myself, but had to build up my bankroll so that I could fit them, as a break from my MTT's or SNG's, into proper bankroll management.

When you're tracking these for ROI, make sure that you list all the buy-in's and payouts. In this example, it's $2.20 buy-in for the satty, $11 return. Then, when you use the ticket, it's $11 for the buy-in... and whatever you get out of the storm as your return.

Good luck in them, as I've found if you hit the right mix of players in these, they're pretty soft sattys

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Thank you both for your answers.

I am also using OPR so that was exactly the answer I was looking for.

And I was just looking and saw that the result for the satellite has been updated on OPR and it indeed does include those tournaments.

And yeah the satellite was pretty easy, the players are really really tight most of them only playing premium hands and fold quick if they miss flops. So I got through this one pretty easy and getting a ticket for the Sunday storm.

Taomage

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com